•  Levanime
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2017-03-28T06:06:58Z
Hi,

So I had to clone MSD80 to MSD81
I've read MSD80, and then in boot mode I wrote ISN in MSD81,

all good, except,
i've noticed it had deleted VIN number, plus it wrote UIF record (also with empty VIN) (im sure about this as long as last UIF record date was the date i wrote ISN)(reading boot mode password and boot mode ISN writing was only thing i did at that date)

I believe, when it reflashed for reading boot mode password, it wrote UIF record and as long as it did not have CAS, it wrote empty VIN

As long as i had only DME not CAS, I could not Indiv Coding/Programming the DME
So i tried WinKFP but UIF record was now full.
then, i changed VIN by tool32. (in UIF it stayed empty)

It would be very handy if
1) flashing for boot mode password and ISN did not write UIF record or change VIN number
2) it would be very good if in bench mode, we would be able to change VIN number in DME (i dont mean UIF)
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Levanime
  •  Levanime
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2017-03-30T03:44:34Z
Update 1:
So, i have flashed that DME (MSD81) with other tuning flashing tool,
surprisingly UIF was corrected, and then I was able to flash this DME with WinKFP

Update 2:
Today I needed to copy isn from other MSD81 to CAS3 and had key too,
So, I did not use my other set of connectors (for bench mode use)
and connected DME and CAS thru JBE
but accidentally Autohex2 I clicked on bench mode, and started flashing to read ISN,
I realized I was in bench mode during flashing so could not stop it.
Same thing happened, this time it had CAS too, but again last UIF record was empty, and VIN number of module was empty.
this time I did not use other tuning flashing tool, but as long as i had CAS too, i first did indiv.coding
this corrected VIN number of module but empty UIF was still there (I knew before that indiv.coding doesnot touch UIF)
then, I tried indiv.programming and that fixed UIF thing

Update 3:
Later I had one more MSD81 to be programmed to CAS
this time I connected again thru JBE, and now I did not use bench mode but got in normal mode
and this time, after reading ISN, UIF was fine, and coded VIN correctly.

so, conclusion,
I think, there is a bug when reading ISN with bench mode, after reprograming, it does something with UIF, adds empty record, plus another UIF can not be added until you reprogram it.
Also, In this case it leaves VIN number empty.