dizzylish
2017-05-09T01:07:50Z
I went to program a 2008 BMW 535 with no keys. Went to get egs reading and it keeps coming back saying can not get egs from online. I have tried several time and keep getting same message? Am I doing something wrong or could the site be down? Tried for over an hour. I can not get the code from egs or isn
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2017-05-09T01:31:54Z
BMW 5 series EGS EWS is off, so you cannot get isn as it is not there.
You can check on top of EGS isn page the status of mounted EGS ( ews is active or not)
To make the key, You can get ISN from DME ( if it is MSX8X, you need to arrange ignition on to read it, this can be achieved by mounting any cas with a key on this car, or connect dme on bench).
dizzylish
2017-05-09T19:06:45Z
I got a CAS 2 out of a 2007 5 series. and put it in. The key light comes on but still will not turn on to get dme turned on, when you say to mount the CAS what function or where in the system do I mount the CAS, is it coding or cas replacement?
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-05-09T19:14:39Z
First, what is your DME? is it MSD80,81?
Switching ignition ON is enough to read ISN from the MSX8X, you don't need to start the engine ( it will not ).
dizzylish
2017-05-09T22:07:47Z
I have the msd80. When I plugged in the cas 2 with a key, and try to turn on the car, not start it but just turn it on with the ignition switch button. It shows a key in the display, the nav unit turns on and the airbag light comes on, nothing else. At this point I do not beleive it is actually on to power up the dme. I know the ket and cas some what work because button on remote will unlock car but something is still not powering up to turn the car on to power up the dme. All I know is the keys were lost to the car.
Levanime
2017-05-10T06:21:10Z
u need to press twice to get ignition on
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-05-10T07:55:51Z
making the ignition ON is enough to power up the DME for ISN,you can try On bench also.
dizzylish
2017-05-11T01:31:33Z
Turns out you can not just use any CAS unit. I pulled a cas 3 out of another car I had and plugged it in and ignition came on to read dme. At that point it had to do a flash to it to read the ISN. Once I got the ISN then I was able to program a blank key.

Is there a chart of some sort that gives me the cars that this has to be done to? Where I have to either use a CAS with key to power up the DME. I was thinking of finding what wires going to the dme need to be powered in order for it to turn on then just tapping into those wires without removing the dme and putting it on the bench.
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-05-11T05:37:19Z
All dme's need to be powered up for reading ISN.so either you must need a CAS with working key or must try on bench for giving power to dme directly.Pulling out the DME and doing on bench is the better way than tapping to the wires directly.If you are not sure about the wiring diagram you can refer to ISTA D or contact with support for wiring diagram they can help with some ECU's.
dizzylish
2017-05-11T10:58:06Z
So is it all with CAS 1, 2, 3, 4 if it is armed and they have no keys, I have to get another CAS with key to power up the DME to read the ISN or just this certain msd80, This is a 2008 535 model.
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-05-11T13:14:38Z
Depends on the mouned DME, Autohex II can get short/long ISN from some DMEs/DDEs while ignition is off, and it will require ignition on for some others.
Mainly you will need ignition on for MSX8X family, while most others can be retrieved when ignition is off.
Some long ISN DMEs will show you ISN as zeros, this also will require ignition on to get the correct ISN.
rjautolocksmith
2017-06-28T13:26:24Z
535i CAS is different. if you want to use 3 series CAS it will not work because is expecting an elv module ,I usually work with a 535i CAS set to 0 miles via eeprom then use autohex to write vin and fa before you get isn or the DME and combi will get the donor CAS information.
Adel Abdou
2017-08-27T15:48:48Z
Originally Posted by: rjautolocksmith 

535i CAS is different. if you want to use 3 series CAS it will not work because is expecting an elv module ,I usually work with a 535i CAS set to 0 miles via eeprom then use autohex to write vin and fa before you get isn or the DME and combi will get the donor CAS information.

Sounds like an interesting piece of info ! Do you know if this is the same case for Fxx Series ?