Hussein
  •  Hussein
  • 76.2% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2018-09-07T09:01:30Z
I have F30 LCI 2016 318 the headunit basic CIC was defected and i changed it works fine but in the ISTA it says not coded,when i try to code or program with autohex it says Not-compatible,how can i know if it is compatible ? also the bluetooth does not work.
N.B i have checked the option list for the defected car says it is AREA CODE 2 - DVD and for the donor car AREA CODE 3 - DVD, i have changed them in the FA manager
is there steps could be done to erase the fault and encode the headunit?

also how can i can the compatibility of DME to the car if i want to change DME?

hope i can get help.

Thanks in advance
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2018-09-08T06:48:04Z
hi, if it is saying not compatible you cannot flash or code it.if it has possible flashable message then you can try to program it in expert mode.same goes for the dme also, you must connect used dme to car and check its status from indiv programming.
rsachip
2018-09-11T22:50:25Z
I also find myself in same situations when Head unit is replased from let say e60 to e90 both (cic + display) and everithing worx but individual programing report not compatible-posible flashable..I was afraid of flashing ofcourse and try encode module to match the vin.Display became gray I repead proces iven manual change chasis to e90..etc but same..where Is the problem here in none compatable if radio,navi..etc work before coding?
Autohex_II_BMW
2018-09-12T12:57:47Z
If status says as possible flashable you can program it in expert mode.
rsachip
2018-09-12T17:50:03Z
yes but we alredy now the result for most modules...and than answer will be "we dont recomend flashing most devices" 🙂 But I dont care about this I only dont get why module is marked as not compatible if its work without any coding (this is what confuse me)
cardiagcom
2018-09-12T20:16:09Z
Need to change car production date and VIN with other tool after that can you coding and programming with Autohex
rsachip
2018-09-12T20:28:52Z
Originally Posted by: cardiagcom 

Need to change car production date and VIN with other tool after that can you coding and programming with Autohex

autohex allow you program most devices but you can end out with bricked module...better not tuch those without most interface
cardiagcom
2018-09-12T20:32:09Z
Originally Posted by: rsachip 

Originally Posted by: cardiagcom 

autohex allow you program most devices but you can end out with bricked module...better not tuch those without most interface

Yes Autohex no have MOST ,better use other Tool