visavis88
2018-12-24T06:11:27Z
Hello, guys. I have 2011 528i, without AHL. Right headlight had water damage. Replaced it with a new one, replaced headlight driver module (TMS) with brand new (same part number), and cleaned connector. Only code left is
800FC9 Lin bus, headlight driver module (TMS), right: communication fault.

What i already tried:
- Checked wiring, all good. Also, to double check, disconnected both headlights. FRM3 showed no communication with both TMS modules now. Connected LEFT headlight on a RIGHT side, code about LEFT headlight disappeared. Connected RIGHT headlight on the LEFT side, 800FC9 about right side remained, no change.
- Programmed and coded FRM3 module
- Tried initializing TMS modules with ISTA-D, didn't succeed. Said no communication with headlights.
- Tried setting TMS_ID checks off to activ, same code.

Before I start blaming FRM or right headlight, I need to know:
- What is a proper way to code a new TMS module with autohex?
- Not my case, but What is a proper way to code a used TMS module?

Thank you in advance

Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

rsachip
2018-12-25T14:43:09Z
I always reflash the module new or used doesent matter..with new one vin under individual programing wil be 00000000000,with used you will se donor vin..after program and encode vin will be auto changed to cars one and lights will start working after sucess..this is the prosedure for same modules, if you change lights for diferent ones you need to chenge fa first and update/code frm to match it first
gearboxny
2018-12-25T14:45:00Z
Did you check Headlight power? It could be simple blown fuse.
I did the same car few times with new and used modules with no problems. Just do TMS Individual programming by AH and LED tech-in by Rheingold.
And make sure you have correct part # of TMS.
visavis88
2018-12-25T23:02:07Z
Originally Posted by: rsachip 

I always reflash the module new or used doesent matter..with new one vin under individual programing wil be 00000000000,with used you will se donor vin..after program and encode vin will be auto changed to cars one and lights will start working after sucess..this is the prosedure for same modules, if you change lights for diferent ones you need to chenge fa first and update/code frm to match it first

Originally Posted by: gearboxny 

Did you check Headlight power? It could be simple blown fuse.
I did the same car few times with new and used modules with no problems. Just do TMS Individual programming by AH and LED tech-in by Rheingold.
And make sure you have correct part # of TMS.

Thank you guys for taking time to respond. Merry Christmas and Happy Coming New Year by the way! One thing I wouldn't mind for Chrismas though is for this BMTroubleyou to turn off its "Christmas lights" on the dashboard 🙂 But anyway...

1. B+, GND, oscillating LIN bus wire, all checked. Compared all wires on left (working) and right headlights, load tested, same voltages.
2. LEFT headlight on a RIGHT side works, but identifies as LEFT headlight (based on communication faults in FRM), meaning wiring is ok. Same thing as in previous sentence happens if I take LEFT TMS module and put it inside the RIGHT headlamp on right side, which eliminates right headlight inner wiring problem.
3. Part number is the same as original (7258278). Left and right TMS modules part numbers are also the same.
4. Interesting that both of you said to program TMS in Indiv Programming, but... There is no option (see pics) to program TMS module in Individual Programming, nor there is such an option in Individual Coding. I think its done though FRM, which acts as a master on LIN Bus headlights network. But programming FRM with AH didn't do anything.
5. ISTA-D doesn't initialize them due yo communication code.

Is there anything else to try programming-wise before buying another TMS module or even FRM?

Just to clarify, here is a picture of what i mean by TMS module.
 IMG_2359.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content. IMG_2656.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content. IMG_8799.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content. IMG_5642.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
rsachip
2018-12-28T19:12:45Z
can you comunicate with any of TMS-LED modules with ista+ or autohex?what is frm reporting?there should be modules avalible for programing check your FA in both cas and frm and please scan whole car with reinghold.. post screenshot here
visavis88
2018-12-29T00:22:10Z
Tms modules on this car are not on a list of accessible ecu’s in ista or autohex. Its a halogen headlight, pre lci, (lin bus). I think some tms modules have can bus, those can be accessed by scanner directly. I ordered another but used tms module. Will let you know the results. Thank you.
visavis88
2019-01-10T07:13:06Z
installed used TMS module. now all lights work perfectly, including those lights that are controlled by TMS module. But, FRM still gas a code about no communication with RH TMS :((( reprogramming/coding/configuring with ISTA+, Autohex, Tool32 tms_schreiben_id, nothing helped. Suspecting that I need a new FRM. Customer declined replacement and took the car. Thanks everyone for help.