Gena1
  •  Gena1
  • 53.2% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2017-10-25T15:36:18Z
Hi all, I did a DDE swap on my 2011 BMW X6 Xdrive40D as the original has EGR, DPF and others deleted and of recent was failing in BSD signals causing engine oil level and pressure faults frequently which I later traced to be the DDE fault. I made a swap with another used DDE from a junkyard taken off X6 Xdrive40D but with a more recent DDE part number 8 512 411 compared with mine original. I did the usual by copying and writing ISN from original DDE to donor DDE and then make a DDE-CAS reset. The issue is car would start but could not shift gears(would remain only on Park position). Car has 8 speed automatic transmission. Would want to find out what next I should do to have the car shifting gears. Thanks all in advance for your supportive suggestions!
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2017-10-26T06:23:29Z
Hi,
If you transferred the ISN from original to used DDE then the gears must shift without any issues.i doubt you copied ISN from used DDE and wrote it on CAS.Is that what you have done,If so refer the link below showing Engine control replacement for E70,71 with 8HP EGS.
Gena1
  •  Gena1
  • 53.2% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2017-10-27T07:51:08Z
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Anyway, what I did was exactly as I wrote it. I backed-up original DDE ISN and did same for that of donor DDE and then wrote original DDE ISN into donor DDE and carried out CAS-DDE reset, then turned off ignition and allowed main relay to sleep and then crank and car started right away. My surprise was why it wouldn't shift gears. I intended to sync EGS-DDE but couldn't being 8HP transmission. Since it wouldn't shift gears, i returned original DDE back to car and did only CAS-DDE reset and car would start and shift gears normally. I think something else is left to be done which I would need assistance on. Ideas and suggestions are highly appreciated, thanks
AUTOHEX_BMW
2017-10-28T06:04:27Z
Make coding and programing to dde