Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2018-06-12T15:58:23Z
Hello!

I unlock the FEM from my F30 330e (engine B38) and got the secret file.

Few weeks later I got a brand new key and I programmed it on key slot 9. Everything looked perfect, I was able to open and close the car with the new key and also with the old one. But the car won't start and ISTA+ said that the answer telegram DME/EWS is wrong. The old key can open the doors but with this key it's impossible to switch the ignition on - only with the new one.

I restored the FEM with the backup file without any success.

What is going wrong here? Thx for a prompt answer - I need my car. :)

CU Oliver
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2018-06-13T06:19:54Z
Hi,
Nothing to worry sir please contact support via skype (microtronik@outlook.com) we will solve this for you.This happened because the original key was not recognized on key coil while unlocking fem.so always make sure the original key is detected on key coil from key learning option 1 before unlocking FEM/BDC .

If you got any difficulty to reach support in our working hours i will explain you the steps to solve this
1.connect fem On bench
2.check original key is shown as YES in its slot from key learning option 1
3.don't disturb the key and unlock the fem again
4.save secret file
5.go to coding /programming ------>ISN manager--->option 4
5.load the secret file you got(the latest one for the fem ,make sure you don't select the older secret file you got before you can delete the older file from laptop)
6.click on write isn
7.car will start on original key after that
8.But unfortunately the new key you programmed will not work ,so you must either reset it and program again or need to use another blank key.
Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2018-06-13T09:08:45Z
Hello!

Thx a lot. That was the solution. My key coil was broken. With a new one it worked as expected and as you wrote.

Thx again for your perfect support.

CU Oliver
CharlotteSarah
2019-10-03T15:24:23Z
Thanks, you guys saved my money from hiring an auto locksmith .
AndrewNale
2019-12-06T17:06:02Z
Key programming can be done at cheap if you hire a locksmith  to program a key otherwise you can take help from the dealer but it's expensive.
BridgerRufus
2020-02-07T14:12:46Z
Replace the coil and your problem will get resolved, there is no need to hire any locksmith  for that work.