Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2018-08-29T14:53:59Z
Hello!

Friend has a E61 from 2006 and lost one key. I've here an used E60 key and blanked it with Simon Touch keyprogtool. I've no experience with e-series (my main focus is on f- and g-series).

When I try to add a new key with Autohex I get the message that CAS is encrypted. Downgrade needed? Or is there an easier way on such an old car? :)

CU Oliver
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Justin
  •  Justin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2018-08-29T16:01:58Z
Hi Oliver

You must downgrade the CAS in order to write a new key, but back your CAS up before you do the downgrade because the downgrade may fail and you will be in trouble..
You have to back it up with Xprog, VVDI or some other good BDM programmer.
Just be careful because i have had many CAS downgrade failures over the past few weeks.
Thanks
Autohex_II_BMW
2018-08-30T05:53:34Z
hi,
No need to make backup always.we have mentioned some part numbers in the attached link need only for that and its not mandatory also because even it fails while firmware(mostly due issues in cas flash itself) we can provide you flash file if you write it everything will be back to normal.
http://www.microtronik.c...d-functions/cas-firmware 
Best Regards
Justin
  •  Justin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2018-08-30T09:26:00Z
Guys, maybe it would be a good idea to have these CAS flash files in a location, so Autohex users can simply download the files without bothering support, especially in cases where there is a country time difference and where users can't have a delay?

Or maybe support can email the files to Autohex members?

I'm just thinking of an efficient way to handle these issues going forward.

Thanks
Autohex_II_BMW
2018-08-30T13:38:45Z
we cannot provide that files sir we are giving it as support and make work ease for customers .Don't think that we providing it because cas firmware failed , 90% of the failure happens because of issues from stored flash in cas itself