e46M3dave
  •  e46M3dave
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2019-03-04T21:48:48Z
I read two CAS4 modules. 1 has M548H and other 1N34H. Made changes to mileage and write. When I read again to verify mileage it shows zero "0". Is this an issue with firmware of HexTag?
Please confirm on how to proceed.

thanks
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

cmb
  •  cmb
  • 53.8% (Neutral)
2019-03-05T00:32:48Z
this is how it should be
e46M3dave
  •  e46M3dave
  • 100% (Exalted)
2019-03-05T02:39:44Z
Attach are pic from original read and after I change then re-read.

original-read.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content. verify-read.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-03-05T06:16:23Z
Originally Posted by: e46M3dave 

I read two CAS4 modules. 1 has M548H and other 1N34H. Made changes to mileage and write. When I read again to verify mileage it shows zero "0". Is this an issue with firmware of HexTag?
Please confirm on how to proceed.

thanks

yes right now we have an issue reset mileage for cas4+ can only be done to 0,will be fixed in next update of hextag.
e46M3dave
  •  e46M3dave
  • 100% (Exalted)
2019-03-30T00:20:22Z
Support

I tested again on two CAS4 modules and none can write back any other mileage except zero. Can we double check the code or have PD verify this again? I uninstall the software and re-install, then attempted to read, save, modify and write. When I read again for verification, the mileage is back to zero. If I read, then edit it shows zero. Now when I change to 2500 and click save the close and open edit again its back to zero. Any combinations of method its back to zero. I want to know if we need to remove 3 leg chip that is near the point where brown wire is to be attached? Most other tools require this to be removed. Please confirm on how to proceed and update me with POA.
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-03-30T08:19:39Z
Originally Posted by: e46M3dave 

Support

I tested again on two CAS4 modules and none can write back any other mileage except zero. Can we double check the code or have PD verify this again? I uninstall the software and re-install, then attempted to read, save, modify and write. When I read again for verification, the mileage is back to zero. If I read, then edit it shows zero. Now when I change to 2500 and click save the close and open edit again its back to zero. Any combinations of method its back to zero. I want to know if we need to remove 3 leg chip that is near the point where brown wire is to be attached? Most other tools require this to be removed. Please confirm on how to proceed and update me with POA.

sir once you put your desired value on edit option after clicking save you need to write d-flash/eeprom again.just edit and save will not change it.
e46M3dave
  •  e46M3dave
  • 100% (Exalted)
2019-03-30T12:07:24Z
Just updating that steps you suggested were also done. And no luck. System is connected for teamviewer session. Be nice to have some debugging tool that can analyze the write process to see where the failure is occurring in the code.
Admin
  •  Admin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Administration
2019-03-30T20:55:35Z
We found a case in mileage modification for cas4+, where hexprog is not able to write the desired value.
Please contact support they will update your hexprog to fix this issue.
A new release will be available in few days.
Infamous
2019-03-31T00:40:58Z
Today I read cas4 5M48H 5wk50820fbr.. read data and p flash ok..load new file and when I go to write it fail saying failed to unlock chipset..tried to read cas again and poof same error...it wont read back or write. what is the issue here? I thought hexprog was able to do these no issue?
I was so scared when it failed...I went and put back cas in car to make sure it was still alive...lucky for me it still works!
Admin
  •  Admin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Administration
2019-03-31T01:23:04Z
Did you update to version 1.0.4?
Infamous
2019-03-31T03:15:08Z
Originally Posted by: Admin 

I have the latest version...when I start the software it says I should update...I update and I close it and open again just to just it was up to date.
I check folder for any log created and their was none..
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-03-31T05:38:12Z
Originally Posted by: Infamous 

Originally Posted by: Admin 

I have the latest version...when I start the software it says I should update...I update and I close it and open again just to just it was up to date.
I check folder for any log created and their was none..

there is no log backups for hextag tool.
e46M3dave
  •  e46M3dave
  • 100% (Exalted)
2019-03-31T12:21:00Z
Support team addressed this issue ASAP for me. CAS4/4+ mileage issue is resolved. Again thank you support team and product development team. You guys rock!