•  Levanime
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2016-09-05T00:28:46Z
Hi,

It's second time now, that I see error code but not the description,
today i was programming key and got error 1104,

what is 1104 for?

it would be good to have this descriptions in Interface, so we don't have to ask support about them

thanks
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2016-09-05T06:04:54Z
Most of times, error reference number is for tech support team/developers to indicate where to start digging.
You got an error description already, it is saying something like: Error in preparing key. further details in your case may cannot be described due to the various possibilities of such an error.
We will try to enhance our descriptions as much as we can in next updates.
Tibibond
2016-09-05T18:48:06Z
i got that error after i prepared a key and saved the key file and tried to prepare the same key once more. but you can use first file without problem....
Levanime
  •  Levanime
  • 100% (Exalted)
2016-09-06T04:28:01Z
thanks!

so what should i do when I get 1104?

ask support and TM?
Autohex_II_BMW
2016-09-06T10:10:33Z
1104 is about key Authentication. The problem could be one of the following:
- You did not put key in exact position
- Key is locked
- Something wrong with HTag Pro hardware (This is in case you always get this error in all keys)
We can help only if HTag Pro has a hardware problem, and for sure not by a teamviewer.

Autohex_II_BMW
2016-09-06T10:20:04Z
Originally Posted by: Tibibond 

i got that error after i prepared a key and saved the key file and tried to prepare the same key once more. but you can use first file without problem....

Once you prepared the BLANK key by HTag Pro it will get locked. you cannot prepare it again.
You are correct, you can re use the saved file as much as you can.
Levanime
  •  Levanime
  • 100% (Exalted)
2016-09-06T18:27:18Z
got it,

thank you
iamfooser
2017-04-05T04:09:26Z
I had the same problem as well. Error 1104 and 110f. I used the same key with other programmer and I could program the same key with other programmer. Can you please advise what is wrong? as this is the first time I am using autohex to program a key.

Gbyleveldt
2017-04-07T04:30:05Z
I have this issue with really cheap Chinese keys. Hitag pro battles to read the key data from these keys properly and key appears to be locked for programming. Using better quality keys solves this issue. That being said, these cheap keys work fine in other key programmer, so it looks like Hitag pro is more sensitive to type of keys.
Levanime
  •  Levanime
  • 100% (Exalted)
2017-04-07T05:43:22Z
yeah, thanks!

biggest thing i dont like about autohex2 and would like (very much) to be improved is errors.
you just get number, no idea what would it be, because of time difference support can answer only next working day,
and if you are at customers location you look very unprofessional :)

i hope they will at least add general hint what error is about so maybe you can solve it other way :)
Gbyleveldt
2017-04-07T06:12:40Z
Yeah, I agree on that one bud.
iamfooser
2017-04-08T03:15:58Z
Thanks.

Another thing autohex can improve is getting to the module from short test. It is a bit annoying having to remember which module have fault codes from short test and then enter from module selection. And the cycles goes on, imagine I have multiples modules that error. Not suitable for ppl who have memory of a fish(me). Hahaha
Gyrovision
2017-12-03T21:04:55Z
Originally Posted by: Gbyleveldt 

I have this issue with really cheap Chinese keys. Hitag pro battles to read the key data from these keys properly and key appears to be locked for programming. Using better quality keys solves this issue. That being said, these cheap keys work fine in other key programmer, so it looks like Hitag pro is more sensitive to type of keys.

Hi my Hitag also will not work with the common aftermarket CAS keys of good quality, I used another programmer to successfully add one key the same key that the Autohex II failed to add in. I hope they can improve to read/write these keys.