Dlgdiagnostics
2018-09-11T01:40:35Z
I was doing a x5 2012 today. Vin l666183. It didn’t mater how many ways I tried auto hex would not read it in boot mode ,,,, ktag read it ,,,
Vvdi2 would recognize it but wouldn’t touch it , auto hex pulled the isn via obd but via boot it keys saying cannot write tricore boot file ,, until I was like
Man I can’t even finish this job because of this does any one have any insight on this ???! Sometimes I wonder we purchase expensive tools and end up In the same spot . At times vvdi2 will do what auto hex will not in this case neither would do it ,,,, anyone have any help or ideas for this it was a tricore 1796 and in my desperate plea I tried every option ,,, 5 hours later I left cause no way to change it .
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2018-09-11T06:48:40Z
Hi sir,
This car is E70 with 6HP EGS when we checked on VIN ,so no need to use boot mode for it you can write used dme isn to cas and do egs synch from isn manager option.All work can be done OBD.
Best regards
Justin
  •  Justin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2018-09-11T06:49:26Z
Hi

If you read previous posts from me, you will see that AH will not read this ecu type in boot mode.
I also had to use KTag.
Justin
  •  Justin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2018-09-11T06:52:55Z
Neither will the ISN write option work through OBD, you can only read the ISN on this ECU.
rsachip
2018-09-11T18:51:47Z
so what is the isue here?can be done or can not be by boot mode?Iven after reflash(update) ecu not posible read/write new ISN?thanks advanced
Justin
  •  Justin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2018-09-11T21:01:47Z
Hi

The issue is that the EDC17CP09 cannot be read by AH by boot mode, and even though in the ISN menu there is an option for read and write, you can only read.

Basically, with this ECU you have 2 options, either read the ISN through OBD and write into CAS, or use KTAG or another tool to clone the ECU.

I have tried many many times with this ECU, and writing ISN is not possible with AH, and boot mode does not work

We had this discussion with support many many months ago.
rsachip
2018-09-11T21:38:38Z
strange it not work on such ecu...I always think about autohex2 if its capable to read ISN(I belive same protocol used for eep) it should allow us to save/modify eeprom data to save us time and using other tools like ktag,cmd..this would be a great fiture for advanced users
Autohex_II_BMW
2018-09-12T12:56:07Z
In this case as i mentioned above can write DDE ISN to cas, then why even need to think about boot mode and take DME outside for opening cover when you can do this dde obd using autohex.
rsachip
2018-09-12T17:58:52Z
yes this is the most simple and very good solution with autohex but there are cases when customers bring you only ecus for transfering data from one to another...like today one bring me ecu from e70 to do this, its edc17c45..so its good to know what realy work and what not
cardiagcom
2018-09-12T20:12:15Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

In this case as i mentioned above can write DDE ISN to cas, then why even need to think about boot mode and take DME outside for opening cover when you can do this dde obd using autohex.

People want only cloning ECU not adaptation in the car .usually customer only bring second hand ECU and Donor Car ECU.
Autohex_II_BMW
2018-09-15T06:47:17Z
understood guys we have tested these dde's before and it was working ,anyway no worries we will do a detail study on these models.
Justin
  •  Justin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2018-09-19T11:44:09Z
Thanks
Can you also investigate the DDE 701?
Again, we're able to read the ISN through OBD, but you cannot write ISN by OBD, even though Autohex says that both read & write is supported.
Yes, it's possible to just write the ISN to the CAS, but writing the ISN through OBD is quicker and has less risks in avoiding CAS downgrades.

Thanks
Tibibond
2018-09-29T15:20:12Z
I also had an issue on a f01 730d wich was not supported in bootmode at all, support could not help. An workaround should be:
1.you read dde eep with ktag or other tool
2.load eeprom in another dde supported by AH, you would only need communication with this ecu, even if it has hw faults
3. change isn in bootmode with AH
4. read eep again the dde with ktag and write in donor ecu.

Im sure it would work, because you only need AH to calculate Checksums on isn, and since there is no dump editor avaible for AH these is a solution.
rsachip
2018-09-29T17:14:42Z
thats why I always say autohex should allow us to read/write whole eprom and import it if necesery from external format
Autohex_II_BMW
2018-09-30T05:21:38Z
Hi guys,
Once HEXTAG is released all these issues in ISN boot mode will be fixed.Hextag will allow you to read full eeprom/flash from Engine Control Unit and get ISN.