Carprogrammer
2019-01-26T22:14:45Z
I went through almost all CAS programmers and I can easily say HexTag is very good.
I have done couple CAS4 with it without any errors.
I like the speed and built in calculator which make life easier. FRM 3 is doing in few seconds.
Also tested on Mercedes W211 EIS and all went well.

As Im very optimistic with it I would like to make this my main programmer not only for BMW.
This is my short list of the modules hopefully added in the future.

* Jaguar Land Rover KVM/RFA
* Audi KESSY
* Crafter EZS
* Mini Big Clock ( HC12DG128A)
* BMW EWS3 and EWS4
* Renew some BMW keys
* All Mercedes EZS
* 35160/35128WT - read chip Id and erase first line.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2019-01-27T05:34:32Z
Originally Posted by: Carprogrammer 

I went through almost all CAS programmers and I can easily say HexTag is very good.
I have done couple CAS4 with it without any errors.
I like the speed and built in calculator which make life easier. FRM 3 is doing in few seconds.
Also tested on Mercedes W211 EIS and all went well.

As Im very optimistic with it I would like to make this my main programmer not only for BMW.
This is my short list of the modules hopefully added in the future.

* Jaguar Land Rover KVM/RFA
* Audi KESSY
* Crafter EZS
* Mini Big Clock ( HC12DG128A)
* BMW EWS3 and EWS4
* Renew some BMW keys
* All Mercedes EZS
* 35160/35128WT - read chip Id and erase first line.

Thank you for your feedback sir,really appreciate it.we will try to add all the controls listed above in the very near future.
cardiagcom
2019-01-27T19:16:59Z
PL2FRM3 BMW E90 Read D-flash and erase eeprom with sector choice please add
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-01-28T06:22:30Z
Originally Posted by: cardiagcom 

If you want to repair frm3 just connect in hextag and click on repair.nothing else need to be done.
RocketSurgeon
2019-01-28T08:25:39Z
I too would love to see BMW Key unlock, especially WK49863 since that's a common one that hasn't been done yet. Reusing OEM keys on the cheap is awesome.
Airbag module reset would be a very nice feature.
I look forward to all the DME/DDE features as well.
zoranmadzar
2019-02-02T16:34:03Z
Hi Sir
BMW E60
VTG module
part.number: 7552614
inside MCU : MC9S12DG256: mask 2K79X
same to CAS 2
=================================================
I had a case.
autohex tool do not recognize the module....same ISTA D ...
ISTA P and AUTOHEX CANt go to PROGRAMMING MOD ... BOOTH MODE....
I REWRITE FLASH BDM ... THAN PROGRAMMING WITH AUTOHEX ALL IS DONE...
I see HEXTAG have this MCU OPTION READ /WRITE
CAN GOOD
ADD OPTION IN YOUR SW ...
zoran madzar
Charles.soori
2019-02-05T04:17:01Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

If you want to repair frm3 just connect in hextag and click on repair.nothing else need to be done.

If dflash is corrupted then press repair eeprom doesn't work. This happens to me. I had to use vvdi prog to read dflash and fix eeprom manual.
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-02-05T05:28:30Z
Originally Posted by: Charles.soori 

Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

If dflash is corrupted then press repair eeprom doesn't work. This happens to me. I had to use vvdi prog to read dflash and fix eeprom manual.

what was the error you got on repair?
e46M3dave
2019-02-05T16:53:41Z
I would like to see HEXTAG support 6HP & 8HP read/write. We should be able to read this EGS from bench using hex tag and write to a used EGS. I am not sure about other markets but here in the USA its a problem with the early F series with 6HP and older E with 8HP. So please consider adding this feature to HexTag, with mileage & VIN data as with CAS/FEM modules.

Also add all AIRBAG modules reset. We need these for all BMW/Mini models.

thanks
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-02-06T06:21:14Z
Originally Posted by: e46M3dave 

I would like to see HEXTAG support 6HP & 8HP read/write. We should be able to read this EGS from bench using hex tag and write to a used EGS. I am not sure about other markets but here in the USA its a problem with the early F series with 6HP and older E with 8HP. So please consider adding this feature to HexTag, with mileage & VIN data as with CAS/FEM modules.

thanks

EGS is already supported in autohex for reset,so there is no need of adding it in hextag.
bawareca1
2019-02-07T03:15:02Z

thanks

Which airbag modules you cannot reset with ista?
e46M3dave
2019-02-07T18:00:32Z

I am talking about crash data. ISTA cannot remove crash data. Need BDM tool for this.
bawareca1
2019-02-08T13:01:27Z

I am talking about crash data. ISTA cannot remove crash data. Need BDM tool for this.

Well, I have resets hundreds of NA Mini and BMW crashes with ISTA. BMW documents state that up to 2 crash telegrams could be erased.
BMWZG
  •  BMWZG
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2019-02-08T14:20:44Z
But after 3 crash you need BDM...
Admin
  •  Admin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Administration
2019-02-08T16:20:06Z
Originally Posted by: BMWZG 

First of all thanks to bawareca for this info.
And I would like to ask BMWZG a question. You want to use an airbag has an accident 3 times again?
gearboxny
2019-02-09T02:39:47Z

Code is 93D5 - Three crash telegrams stored
BMWZG
  •  BMWZG
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2019-02-09T11:46:59Z
Originally Posted by: Admin 

And I would like to ask BMWZG a question. You want to use an airbag has an accident 3 times again?

Good question , but tell me : are there any important contraindications in addition to marketing (after all there is a need to sell a new Airbag control unit) ? During the accident damage or wear is subject to pyrotechnics, the control unit itself does not. Why manufacturer programming the exchange time after 3 accidents and not after 1 or 10 ? And don't tell me from safety reasons because in that case control unit shuld be replaced after any accidents not after third.
bawareca1
2019-02-09T17:08:06Z
Originally Posted by: Admin 

Module may be Ok, but who wants to use this car after 3 crash telegrams :-))
I once was called to reset the airbag for Mini with ~3k miles. I start ISTA and see 3 crash telegrams, dont believe my eyes. After interrogation of the shop, they finally confess that they called someone to fix it. Instead of 3 minutes with ISTA, it took a few days to find the correct dump and finish the job.
RocketSurgeon
2019-02-10T00:39:04Z
My understanding is that the ability to clear crash data depends on the number of deployed SRS components. Once 3 major SRS components fire, data can no longer be cleared with ISTA. At that point, BDM programming becomes the only option.
bawareca1
2019-02-10T17:20:02Z
Originally Posted by: RocketSurgeon 

My understanding is that the ability to clear crash data depends on the number of deployed SRS components. Once 3 major SRS components fire, data can no longer be cleared with ISTA. At that point, BDM programming becomes the only option.

This is partially true for Mercedes, not BMW. 1 accident=1 crash telegram, regardless of how many modules have been deployed.
When I bought my '12 X5 all airbags, seat belts and buckles were deployed. I just reset the module after all elements were replaced.