benoos
  •  benoos
  • 56.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2019-05-26T10:50:45Z
Hi everyone,
I have a strange problem. I bought a new smart key from China. It looks very good, works well until it remains in the key socket (ignition coil). After 15 minutes in the key slot, the new battery has only 2.66V.

It is with a normal 2032 battery, but the car is without a comfortable access, so the car tries to charge the key in the ignition slot and it quickly discharges the key. When the key is out of the socket, it works well and there is no problem with discharging. I check with 3 cars and it's the same.

Supplier told me to put on an insulating tape on board, but it did not help.

Do you have any advice?
Can I turn off the charging in the key slot? How?
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

useyourbrains
2019-05-26T12:02:03Z
Originally Posted by: benoos 

Hi everyone,
I have a strange problem. I bought a new smart key from China. It looks very good, works well until it remains in the key socket (ignition coil). After 15 minutes in the key slot, the new battery has only 2.66V.

It is with a normal 2032 battery, but the car is without a comfortable access, so the car tries to charge the key in the ignition slot and it quickly discharges the key. When the key is out of the socket, it works well and there is no problem with discharging. I check with 3 cars and it's the same.

Supplier told me to put on an insulating tape on board, but it did not help.

Do you have any advice?
Can I turn off the charging in the key slot? How?

No, You can't turn off charging. I had same problem, just throw away sh*ty china key, and buy from other supplier.
RocketSurgeon
2019-05-26T17:06:50Z
I use reset OEM keys whenever possible, it saves a ton of frustration.
benoos
  •  benoos
  • 56.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2019-05-27T20:08:15Z
OK, thank you gentlemans. I have 3 keys from the same supplier and looks like everyone has the same problem. I have new one from another source, button works worse like the first one, but I hope there will be no problem with power.

When car has CA is there also charging in socket? CA keys have normal battery