RocketSurgeon
2019-06-30T07:00:04Z
I'm having some difficulty with BMW cluster EEPROM and Hexprog. I was working with an F02 cluster with 160DOWQ chip, which I desoldered and placed in the hexprog socket. When attempting to set or erase mileage, I would get a "Failed to unlock Chipset Reference: 2103" at some point in the erasing process. This would result in a random mileage being set in the chip. Trying to backup the original data resulted in the same error. I could not set mileage, erase mileage, or backup original data.
I decided to try the same operations with a spare 080DOWQ and experienced the same issues. It will erase up to a certain position, then fail. I was able to complete these operations using the exact same chips in a different programmer, so the EEPROM appears to be fine.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Findlaybum
2019-06-30T08:21:34Z
Try using the clip provided .. see if that works ...
OFFICIAL FRIEND OF OFFICIAL AUTOHEX II PARTNER .. AND OFFICIAL FRIEND OF THE BOSS .:)
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-06-30T08:55:20Z
Originally Posted by: RocketSurgeon 

I'm having some difficulty with BMW cluster EEPROM and Hexprog. I was working with an F02 cluster with 160DOWQ chip, which I desoldered and placed in the hexprog socket. When attempting to set or erase mileage, I would get a "Failed to unlock Chipset Reference: 2103" at some point in the erasing process. This would result in a random mileage being set in the chip. Trying to backup the original data resulted in the same error. I could not set mileage, erase mileage, or backup original data.
I decided to try the same operations with a spare 080DOWQ and experienced the same issues. It will erase up to a certain position, then fail. I was able to complete these operations using the exact same chips in a different programmer, so the EEPROM appears to be fine.

please send us the original eeprom and damaged one's.your eeprom is getting corrupted in mileage part that's why showing some random numbers.
RocketSurgeon
2019-06-30T18:52:20Z
 160D0WQ_original.bin.txt You have insufficient rights to see the content. 160D0WQ modified.bin.txt You have insufficient rights to see the content. 160D0WQ revert.bin.txt You have insufficient rights to see the content.

I think I got the 3 files attached. The original has a mileage of something like 147572km on it. The modified file is the result of trying to reset back to zero, and the third file is what happened when I tried to write the original file back to the chip. I tried with both the chip clip, and putting the chip in socket.
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-07-01T13:20:40Z

160D0WQ_original.bin.txt You have insufficient rights to see the content. 160D0WQ modified.bin.txt You have insufficient rights to see the content. 160D0WQ revert.bin.txt You have insufficient rights to see the content.

I think I got the 3 files attached. The original has a mileage of something like 147572km on it. The modified file is the result of trying to reset back to zero, and the third file is what happened when I tried to write the original file back to the chip. I tried with both the chip clip, and putting the chip in socket.

your eeprom file we tested with our 160dw IC and it is working.so i guess problem from your IC itself.
 WhatsApp Image 2019-07-01 at 5.17.55 PM.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

try to read in this way and make first 2 lines all 00 00 and write
RocketSurgeon
2019-07-02T05:55:35Z
I did one 160DOWQ previously, and it worked perfectly on the first try. I used the clip and it worked in-circuit, didn't even need to take it off the kombi. After that first cluster, I've been having problems where I get the "Failed to unlock Chipset Reference: 2103" message. It always fails erasing the same memory block. With the 160DOWQ, it failed on block 14. Now I have been testing with a different 080DOWQ chip and it is failing on block 4. I have experienced this issue on 2 different chips, and both are functioning with a different programmer. Should I try clean install or something?
Here are files from an additional attempt with 080DOWQ. Hexprog managed to erase the first several blocks, but gave the 2103 message after working on byte 4 for some time. 080D0WQ_original.bin.txt You have insufficient rights to see the content. 080D0WQ_modified.bin.txt You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-07-02T11:15:37Z

I did one 160DOWQ previously, and it worked perfectly on the first try. I used the clip and it worked in-circuit, didn't even need to take it off the kombi. After that first cluster, I've been having problems where I get the "Failed to unlock Chipset Reference: 2103" message. It always fails erasing the same memory block. With the 160DOWQ, it failed on block 14. Now I have been testing with a different 080DOWQ chip and it is failing on block 4. I have experienced this issue on 2 different chips, and both are functioning with a different programmer. Should I try clean install or something?
Here are files from an additional attempt with 080DOWQ. Hexprog managed to erase the first several blocks, but gave the 2103 message after working on byte 4 for some time. 080D0WQ_original.bin.txt You have insufficient rights to see the content. 080D0WQ_modified.bin.txt You have insufficient rights to see the content.

contact support in skype
robert
2019-10-22T20:50:55Z
I also have problems with 160d0wq eeproms. I did try to erase first and set mileage to 120 000. When read it again mileage was not correct 112500. Tried different values but mileage was incorrect and always much lower. Obviously chip was removed from cluster. Cheap r270 did the job with no issues so it is not a eeprom fault. This is the second time I tried 160 eeprom and it failed in both cases using hexprog
RocketSurgeon
2019-10-23T04:47:17Z
As an update to my original post, it turned out to be bad EEPROM. I got new chips that functioned fine with Hextag.
Here's the interesting thing: even the EEPROM that didn't get along with Hextag could still be erased with CG Pro. Certain chips had certain bytes that Hextag couldn't erase. I suppose CG Pro hit them harder and managed to erase them.
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-10-23T06:00:31Z

As an update to my original post, it turned out to be bad EEPROM. I got new chips that functioned fine with Hextag.
Here's the interesting thing: even the EEPROM that didn't get along with Hextag could still be erased with CG Pro. Certain chips had certain bytes that Hextag couldn't erase. I suppose CG Pro hit them harder and managed to erase them.

yes we have small software bugs in mileage reset in some cluster eeproms.we are working on it and will be resolved real soon.