e46M3dave
  •  e46M3dave
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2019-09-11T15:34:08Z
Is there any plans to have hexTag show us the blade key code in order to cut new blade? Right now I have to use turbo decoder to do E and F/G cars, but thought maybe the software can extract the key code to cut new blade from FEM or CAS?
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2019-09-12T06:15:00Z
Originally Posted by: e46M3dave 

Is there any plans to have hexTag show us the blade key code in order to cut new blade? Right now I have to use turbo decoder to do E and F/G cars, but thought maybe the software can extract the key code to cut new blade from FEM or CAS?

For E series cars we are already showing the key cutting code.you can see it in the key leraning option.but for F series sorry we don't have solution for it.
 BMW-Key-learning-E-series-Main-menu_50_580.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
niki1020
2019-10-21T07:59:04Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

For E series cars we are already showing the key cutting code.you can see it in the key leraning option.but for F series sorry we don't have solution for it.
 BMW-Key-learning-E-series-Main-menu_50_580.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Just note that from this code you must use only the first 4 digits - from attached picture this is code 0159
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-10-22T05:59:45Z
Originally Posted by: niki1020 

Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

Just note that from this code you must use only the first 4 digits - from attached picture this is code 0159

use the first 4 digits.
PDXAutoworks
2019-10-22T14:21:08Z
What key cutting machine can I purchase to cut keys for e, f, g series?
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
RocketSurgeon
2019-10-25T01:00:55Z
Originally Posted by: PDXAutoworks 

The VVDI key cutters like the Dolphin and Condor are highly regarded budget CNC machines that can cut from code. Silca makes some nice machines, but they are extremely expensive. I think the Dolphin is the cheapest solid machine at about $2000. The Condor is more powerful and cuts faster for about $3000
e46M3dave
  •  e46M3dave
  • 100% (Exalted)
2019-10-31T11:55:59Z
Originally Posted by: RocketSurgeon 

Originally Posted by: PDXAutoworks 

The VVDI key cutters like the Dolphin and Condor are highly regarded budget CNC machines that can cut from code. Silca makes some nice machines, but they are extremely expensive. I think the Dolphin is the cheapest solid machine at about $2000. The Condor is more powerful and cuts faster for about $3000

Get condor Mini Plus. works great and blade codes are fine from auto hex.
CharlesFinch
2020-03-11T14:51:50Z

Call auto locksmith  near, they will describe in brief how to order and get a new key blade.
e46M3dave
  •  e46M3dave
  • 100% (Exalted)
2020-03-11T15:24:24Z
Originally Posted by: CharlesFinch 

Call auto locksmith  near, they will describe in brief how to order and get a new key blade.

I think you missed the point here. most lock smith can do keys for buildings. Not start/stop keys. They damage vehicle DME and BDC when trying. Blade code I can get with decoder but "It would be nice to have the software extract". However if it cannot then that's fine, Lishi or decoder tool one will just have to learn.
RocketSurgeon
2020-03-11T22:33:50Z
Several ways to get key code.
1. Decode with Lishi or turbo decoder
2. Pull out a lock cylinder and read key code (4 or 5 digit instacode)
3. CAS3 instacode key code can generally be read off with ISTA.
4. CAS3 instacode key code appears in eeprom at address 0x00B38. Look at ASCII translation and only use first 4-digits.
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-03-12T06:22:37Z

Originally Posted by: CharlesFinch 

I think you missed the point here. most lock smith can do keys for buildings. Not start/stop keys. They damage vehicle DME and BDC when trying. Blade code I can get with decoder but "It would be nice to have the software extract". However if it cannot then that's fine, Lishi or decoder tool one will just have to learn.

For E series you can get it in Autohex the key cutting code.