mbenztech
2019-08-01T19:26:11Z
I had a vehicle come in with a used transmission installed. performed ISN reset/clearing successfully. Performed programming/coding with ISTA online. Vehicle starts and shifts to reverse and drive. Have not driven it yet. when checked with Autohex VIN number from old vehicle still present in EGS. Can the VIN be changed in EGS?
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

e46M3dave
2019-09-10T21:19:33Z
Originally Posted by: mbenztech 

I had a vehicle come in with a used transmission installed. performed ISN reset/clearing successfully. Performed programming/coding with ISTA online. Vehicle starts and shifts to reverse and drive. Have not driven it yet. when checked with Autohex VIN number from old vehicle still present in EGS. Can the VIN be changed in EGS?

I think you need to go into Indv programming and select EGS and then program it. It should update the VIN.

Autohex_II_BMW
2019-09-11T06:10:10Z
Originally Posted by: e46M3dave 

Originally Posted by: mbenztech 

I think you need to go into Indv programming and select EGS and then program it. It should update the VIN.

yes need to program egs. also need to check status of egs on indiv programming, if status show update available then only it will program egs otherwise only coding will work on background
Andrzej
2019-09-11T06:28:30Z
autohex will only program the module in the f / g series if you have older software than the one available through AH4. otherwise, it will only encode modules. if in this case you want to change the Vin number you must use Esys to go back to the first level. esys will automatically change the vin number. The downgrade option should be found in AH4.
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-09-11T13:46:21Z
Originally Posted by: Andrzej 

autohex will only program the module in the f / g series if you have older software than the one available through AH4. otherwise, it will only encode modules. if in this case you want to change the Vin number you must use Esys to go back to the first level. esys will automatically change the vin number. The downgrade option should be found in AH4.

you can contact us if reflashing is needed in F series.
e46M3dave
2019-09-11T16:04:23Z
Can we get option to allow for re-flashing? Is this something development team can consider? If ESYS will allow to re-flash and we know its a bit of a complicated process if not knowing what to do, however AH can make this process more user friendly that would be great for situations like this.
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-09-12T06:09:04Z
Originally Posted by: e46M3dave 

Can we get option to allow for re-flashing? Is this something development team can consider? If ESYS will allow to re-flash and we know its a bit of a complicated process if not knowing what to do, however AH can make this process more user friendly that would be great for situations like this.

sorry we cannot add this because if re-flashing brought some errors people will put blame on software.under special situations if necessary you can contact us.
e46M3dave
2019-09-12T13:59:25Z
Thanks, fair enough.