Jimmy
  •  Jimmy
  • 78.4% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-09-09T09:27:25Z
Hi,
I have a 2011 r56 that has coding problem, I can read it with inpa and ncs and can update with winkfp but when I try to code it always no coms,
the error with dsc is incorrect coding inpa and ista, (error code 5DE3) have updated dsc and szl still the same, has anyone else had this issue and found solution?
pulling my hair out now! thanks.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

roxetteer
2017-09-09T10:07:46Z
are you sure DSC unit is the correct one for your vehicle? HW wise.
Jimmy
  •  Jimmy
  • 78.4% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-09-09T11:53:26Z
Its original to the car, car had dde cas key kit fitted after damaging cas, come to me after having this issue once doner parts fitted,
I repaired original cas enough to get info and cloned to exact same cas from another mini same year same part numbers so he now has original dde back in,
car starts and drive but has lights on for dsc, after reading the error is coding issue, he also has doner dsc unit with same part numbers, plug that in and its exactly the same error.

have been searching and have found a few posts with same error but none have had the outcome posted so at a loss right now,
shox
  •  shox
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2017-09-09T13:47:40Z
The Vin number in dsc and cas is the same
carsolutions
2017-09-09T15:07:16Z
is the FA in FRM and CAS correct and valid?

once had a issue where both ASC/DSC was written in the FA and coding failed.
after removing the wrong SA coding went fine
Gbyleveldt
2017-09-09T17:28:44Z
I had a dsc coding issue on an R56. For the life of me I tried coding with NCSExpert and it wouldn't code. Tried Autohex and coded it in seconds.
Jimmy
  •  Jimmy
  • 78.4% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-09-09T18:06:44Z
what was the error you had when using NCS?
Jimmy
  •  Jimmy
  • 78.4% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-09-10T08:45:53Z
Originally Posted by: shox 

The Vin number in dsc and cas is the same

Yes vin is correct in cas and dsc unit,

Originally Posted by: carsolutions 

is the FA in FRM and CAS correct and valid?
once had a issue where both ASC/DSC was written in the FA and coding failed.
after removing the wrong SA coding went fine

yes FA contains correct 210 code and no other for brakes.

Jimmy
  •  Jimmy
  • 78.4% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-09-10T14:24:55Z
Any AH UK users close to Luton/Biggleswade area that can help? Im up in the north east and car is at Luton,
just need to try coding with AH.
cardiagcom
2017-09-14T19:59:49Z
Originally Posted by: Jimmy 

Any AH UK users close to Luton/Biggleswade area that can help? Im up in the north east and car is at Luton,
just need to try coding with AH.

Blackburn if you maybe come to Manchester 🙂 or try connect ISTAP

Jimmy
  •  Jimmy
  • 78.4% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-09-14T20:12:43Z
Your as far away as me,
he's not got ista-p so is looking to go to to dealers now, someone local has autologic but there not updated and cant use for coding,
thats a big Bosch service centre!
thanks anyway.
Jimmy
  •  Jimmy
  • 78.4% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-10-20T14:12:21Z
OK so quick update,
Autohex coded it straight away no "no comms error" as with every other tool used.
bcoday
2019-10-28T11:48:08Z
I found this thread - and this forum - after struggling with a very similar problem.

I have a 2008 Mini Cooper that needed the CAS module cloned. I sent the unit to a guy in CA (company name removed at the request of moderators!) and he copied the data from the faulty CAS into a spare CAS module. It fixed the issues that I was having but now, I am getting this error code that I can't clear (5DE3). It lights up all the ABS/Brake error lights on my dash.

I called the (name removed at the request of moderators!) guy and he suggested that the DSC "lost its coding" due to battery disconnects or low voltage. I don't really understand that but the ABD/Brake warning lights weren't on before the CAS switch. And now they are.

It seems like Autohex fixed the original posters problem. But I don't have or use Autohex. Is there a way to find someone in Houston TX that can hook up my Cooper and reset the DSC settings to remove this error code?
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-10-28T13:54:34Z
Originally Posted by: bcoday 

I found this thread - and this forum - after struggling with a very similar problem.

I have a 2008 Mini Cooper that needed the CAS module cloned. I sent the unit to a guy in CA () and he copied the data from the faulty CAS into a spare CAS module. It fixed the issues that I was having but now, I am getting this error code that I can't clear (5DE3). It lights up all the ABS/Brake error lights on my dash.

I called the guy and he suggested that the DSC "lost it's coding" due to battery disconnects or low voltage. I don't really understand that but the ABD/Brake warning lights weren't on before the CAS switch. And now they are.

It seems like Autohex fixed the original posters problem. But I don't have or use Autohex. Is there a way to find someone in Houston TX that can hook up my Cooper and reset the DSC settings to remove this error code?

do coding for dsc and do test plan in ista the fault will be gone.this error is because cas with different VIN has been connected to car during the process.
Bry0sb
2019-10-28T14:09:55Z

I have a 2008 Mini Cooper that needed the CAS module cloned. I sent the unit to a guy in CA () and he copied the data from the faulty CAS into a spare CAS module. It fixed the issues that I was having but now, I am getting this error code that I can't clear (5DE3). It lights up all the ABS/Brake error lights on my dash.

I called the guy and he suggested that the DSC "lost it's coding" due to battery disconnects or low voltage. I don't really understand that but the ABD/Brake warning lights weren't on before the CAS switch. And now they are.

Bro, told you last night same info, DSC needs to be coded. I will help you find someone in your area to help you code it today
bcoday
2019-10-28T16:50:10Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

I have a 2008 Mini Cooper that needed the CAS module cloned. I sent the unit to a guy in CA (---) and he copied the data from the faulty CAS into a spare CAS module. It fixed the issues that I was having but now, I am getting this error code that I can't clear (5DE3). It lights up all the ABS/Brake error lights on my dash.

I called the --- guy and he suggested that the DSC "lost it's coding" due to battery disconnects or low voltage. I don't really understand that but the ABD/Brake warning lights weren't on before the CAS switch. And now they are.

do coding for dsc and do test plan in ista the fault will be gone.this error is because cas with different VIN has been connected to car during the process.

That's exactly what happened! I'm pretty impressed that you nailed that so quickly. To test to see if the spare CAS module would end the symptoms the car was having, I temporally swapped the DME and the CAS from another spare Mini that I'm working on. The car started with no issues other than it showed info (VIN and mileage) from the other vehicle. Based on your response, THAT may have been what caused the DSC to loose it's coding.

But my question was about finding someone in Houston that can do the coding part.

You may have to PM with any insight that you might have into finding someone in Houston. The moderators asked me to remove the name of the company that I contacted for CAS cloning in the first place. They may not want company names in their threads.
bcoday
2019-10-28T16:54:48Z
Originally Posted by: Bry0sb 

I have a 2008 Mini Cooper that needed the CAS module cloned. I sent the unit to a guy in CA (---) and he copied the data from the faulty CAS into a spare CAS module. It fixed the issues that I was having but now, I am getting this error code that I can't clear (5DE3). It lights up all the ABS/Brake error lights on my dash.

I called the ---- guy and he suggested that the DSC "lost it's coding" due to battery disconnects or low voltage. I don't really understand that but the ABD/Brake warning lights weren't on before the CAS switch. And now they are.

Bro, told you last night same info, DSC needs to be coded. I will help you find someone in your area to help you code it today

Bry0sb - I'm not doubting your input about what needs to happen to the DSC. I just don't understand what or how to do it! The original post is asking for help to find someone in Houston that can do what needs to be done to get the car back to normal.
Bry0sb
2019-10-29T16:08:16Z

I called the ---- guy and he suggested that the DSC "lost it's coding" due to battery disconnects or low voltage. I don't really understand that but the ABD/Brake warning lights weren't on before the CAS switch. And now they are.

Bry0sb - I'm not doubting your input about what needs to happen to the DSC. I just don't understand what or how to do it! The original post is asking for help to find someone in Houston that can do what needs to be done to get the car back to normal.

Bro telling me this information would have been helpful but doesn't change the fact that it needs to be coded-
Quote:

To test to see if the spare CAS module would end the symptoms the car was having, I temporally swapped the DME and the CAS from another spare Mini that I'm working on. The car started with no issues other than it showed info (VIN and mileage) from the other vehicle. Based on your response, THAT may have been what caused the DSC to loose it's coding.

Regardless, the shop in Houston we discussed can help you.
bcoday
2019-10-29T23:24:16Z

Bro telling me this information would have been helpful but doesn't change the fact that it needs to be coded-
Quote:

To test to see if the spare CAS module would end the symptoms the car was having, I temporally swapped the DME and the CAS from another spare Mini that I'm working on. The car started with no issues other than it showed info (VIN and mileage) from the other vehicle. Based on your response, THAT may have been what caused the DSC to loose it's coding.

Regardless, the shop in Houston we discussed can help you.

Bryce, We did discuss this. In fact, I thought that you suggested it. You mentioned to me that it wouldn't be a good idea to drive it around like that. So I removed it immediately.
It sounds like now that I should contact the company in south Houston to see if they can recode this and how much it will cost. I'll update the forums with the info.