kil2002
  •  kil2002
  • 53.2% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2020-01-05T20:33:46Z
Hi,

i am new to AH. i have a customer with all keys lost on a 2007 BMW E90. Doors are open so alarm is disarmed. i have searched on the forum and come across a link that shows a BMW X6 with all keys lost, where a blank key is used to wake up the car. a lot of people are commenting that that is only possible on the E71 X6.

i have AUTOHEX lite locksmith packahe with HEXTAG and HW4.

How will i go about this procedure?

Thanks.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

RocketSurgeon
2020-01-05T21:09:45Z
You can communicate directly with CAS3 even when all-keys-lost. Inserting a blank key or turning on hazard lights will sufficiently wake up car. I would first connect via OBD to see if CAS is encrypted. There's a decent chance that you can make key in about 1 minute if CAS3 is not encrypted. If this is CAS3+ISTA-P, my preferred method is to remove CAS and read data with hextag. CAS3+ISTA-P will also require reading DME ISN.
Rivalryan
2020-01-05T21:48:17Z
If CAS does need firmware as long as you connect a good battery support there really is no need to remove CAS, having done countless downgrades over the years there really is minimal risk. Worst case you would remove and repair on bench but very unlikely to have an issue here anyway.

Time wise there won't be much in it bench or OBD method about 15 mins again depends on a circumstances here.

Firmware and encryption are not the same thing, Hence after downgrading software version you will still require ISN/SK ect. to decrypt the CAS, this is what is found from CAS3 +

All CAS and all modules for that matter are ISTA/P of some level, many people will say if the CAS is ISTA/P and this makes little sense, when CAS integration level reaches 45+ then this is when firmware downgrade will be required to access Eeprom over OBD.

Tip. if you get to AKL situation pick lock and hold in open position if windows don't open then firmware will be required, as this was one of the security features added in ISTA/p45+. I say this as 2007 model is hit and miss. Ive even asked customers looking for a spare to do this so I can give fixed price as if its just CAS3 entire job will only take 1-2 mins.
PDXAutoworks
2020-01-05T21:48:59Z
I just did all keys lost yesterday on a e60 2010 528i.

Cas3+ was encrypted unfortunately. I removed mvs80 dme, connected on bench and read isn using AH. Save ISN file or write it down.

Next step can either be done in vehicle via obd or on bench connected to cas3+. Choose all keys lost, enter saved ISN from dme, insert key into key slot or into hextag (plugged into a seperate usb port) and it will program key.

I did not need to perform cas3+ downgrade.
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
kil2002
  •  kil2002
  • 53.2% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2020-01-05T23:08:15Z
Thanks guys very informative!

so i take it AH will do all the downgrading for me? (im pretty proficent with all the BMW tools)

What options will i pick in AH after connecting via OBD?

Apologies for the newbie questions im new to AH.

Thanks again.
PDXAutoworks
2020-01-06T05:28:46Z
Yes autohex will notify you if downgrade is necessary.

First step is to remove DME & connect autohex to dme with tricore cable. Go to ON BENCH dme isn manager and read dme isn. Save the file or write it down. Search the forum for connection diagram or send a message on skype to the support team and they will provide pin connection diagram.

Second step is connect via obd (or you can connect to cas on bench if it's already removed), go to key learning and select all keys lost. It will prompt you for ISN so either use the load option and load the saved isn or type it in if you wrote it down.

Follow the steps and job should be complete.
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
Rivalryan
2020-01-06T19:54:23Z
It really depends what DME/DDE your working with but pretty all E series will not need to remove ECU for ISN/SK and entire job will be done through OBD for key programming purposes.