bmchicago
2020-02-06T12:49:15Z
Hello,

I have a F10 here with bad valvetronic system. We swapped DME and CAS and key with a USED set from a F25 to test if the ECU driver is faulty for the valvetronic system. However when we re-install the original CAS DME and key, the vehicle now identifies as the donor F25 VIN.

Question is how do I re enable the original VIN? When connected to ISTA+, the VIN is incorrect.
Does ISTA+ read the VIN from another module such as the FRM?

Thanks!
Robby
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-02-06T13:07:03Z
Originally Posted by: bmchicago 

Hello,

I have a F10 here with bad valvetronic system. We swapped DME and CAS and key with a USED set from a F25 to test if the ECU driver is faulty for the valvetronic system. However when we re-install the original CAS DME and key, the vehicle now identifies as the donor F25 VIN.

Question is how do I re enable the original VIN? When connected to ISTA+, the VIN is incorrect.

Thanks!
Robby

VIN is stored in CAS if you just swapped CAS for testing car should not affect the VIN.even in autohex showing wrong VIN?
bmchicago
2020-02-06T15:09:40Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

Hello,

Thanks!
Robby

VIN is stored in CAS if you just swapped CAS for testing car should not affect the VIN.even in autohex showing wrong VIN?

Autohex shows VIN is correct in CAS, but not in ZGW, i tried using FA manager and to restore the CAS FA to ZGW, but does not function. When i check to see if ZGW is programmable, the VIN from the F25 is in there. I did not proceed.
bmchicago
2020-02-06T15:26:25Z
i was able to resolve it by attempting to program the ZGW and the VIN is now showing correctly in ISTA+
Levanime
2020-02-07T01:26:50Z
you need to rebuild SVT in esys, 2 min job
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-02-08T06:07:09Z

i was able to resolve it by attempting to program the ZGW and the VIN is now showing correctly in ISTA+

yes when you program ZGW it will adapt from CAS,restoring FA will not help because VIN is not stored in FA.