MBB
  •  MBB
  • 54.4% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2020-02-16T05:24:06Z
I have client with E90 335i N54. He replaced DME/CAS/Key with a donor car. Car will not pass emissions due to miss match VIN. Client has OEM CAS and key only, Old DME is no longer present. With Autohex or HexTag is it possible to read ISN from CAS and write to doner DME then program to change DME VIN so all modules match?

Thank you!
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-02-16T05:54:09Z
Originally Posted by: MBB 

I have client with E90 335i N54. He replaced DME/CAS/Key with a donor car. Car will not pass emissions due to miss match VIN. Client has OEM CAS and key only, Old DME is no longer present. With Autohex or HexTag is it possible to read ISN from CAS and write to doner DME then program to change DME VIN so all modules match?

Thank you!

connect OEM CAS back to car then read isn from used dme and write to cas then do coding for dme.
MBB
  •  MBB
  • 54.4% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2020-02-19T14:48:56Z
I read DME ISN with HexProg, can I write the CAS ISN while on bench? I do not have the car?
PDXAutoworks
2020-02-20T00:59:18Z
CAS ISN can be edited on bench with Autohex.
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
MBB
  •  MBB
  • 54.4% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2020-02-20T03:21:04Z
I downgraded firmware on bench, then tried to edit ISN but kept asking for ignition to be switched on. Ended up plugging CAS and key into a donor E9x and changed ISN. Will report back after DME is vin changed and up in running.
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-02-20T08:49:12Z
Originally Posted by: MBB 

I downgraded firmware on bench, then tried to edit ISN but kept asking for ignition to be switched on. Ended up plugging CAS and key into a donor E9x and changed ISN. Will report back after DME is vin changed and up in running.

you need key slot to edit cas isn on bench.can use any key slot from BMW and use original keys for the CAS.
 Key slot.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.