Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2020-02-20T07:36:53Z
Hello!

Yesterday I tried to make a new key for a EM. Read it out, got the secret key, everything worked as expected. When tried to program the new key Autohex asked always for the Htag pro. Hextag was connected but without any resutt no way without Htag pro. On the Microtronik website is written that Htag pro is obslete and Hextag can do it. Where's the error?

CU Oliver
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Andrzej
2020-02-20T07:54:16Z
for me the hextag the reset key shows as locked, the same key when programming in htag pro shows that it is unlocked. I may have an error here. I never program in the hextag
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-02-20T08:51:17Z
Originally Posted by: Milkyway 

Hello!

Yesterday I tried to make a new key for a EM. Read it out, got the secret key, everything worked as expected. When tried to program the new key Autohex asked always for the Htag pro. Hextag was connected but without any resutt no way without Htag pro. On the Microtronik website is written that Htag pro is obslete and Hextag can do it. Where's the error?

CU Oliver

hextag is replacement for Htag so what you did is right but if Hexprog software is opened while using autohex key programming you can get this error even if you connect it.so make sure your Hexprog software is closed also check if hextag is listed on device manager of laptop.
Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2020-02-20T08:53:02Z
Hello!

Argh, Hextag program was open. Nver thought that this coild be the reasn. Thx a lot.

CU Oliver