Burch Motor Works
2020-04-19T11:42:48Z
Hello,
Trying to program new blank key via OBD on autohex to Mini R56. Key is blank 868mhz. Didn't want to remove cas it is lots of work on R56 under top dashboard.
I have good working key already so ignition will turn on ok. Tried to program blank key following step 2 on key learning. On R56, unlike the BMW key learning, there is no function to bring down CAS first. So I try to program blank remote key, but it just comes up with 'programming key failed'. Have tried a few times inserting key at different times but still the same.
Any ideas, am I missing a step or is the new blank key the problem? Thank you
 r56 obd key.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Noy
  •  Noy
  • 85.8% (Honored)
  • Advanced Member
2020-04-19T11:56:00Z
just recentlly program a new key on a R56 with all key lost.
programm with AH when flawless and everything working ok.
maybe your key is not ok.
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-04-19T12:55:48Z
Originally Posted by: Burch Motor Works 

Hello,
Trying to program new blank key via OBD on autohex to Mini R56. Key is blank 868mhz. Didn't want to remove cas it is lots of work on R56 under top dashboard.
I have good working key already so ignition will turn on ok. Tried to program blank key following step 2 on key learning. On R56, unlike the BMW key learning, there is no function to bring down CAS first. So I try to program blank remote key, but it just comes up with 'programming key failed'. Have tried a few times inserting key at different times but still the same.
Any ideas, am I missing a step or is the new blank key the problem? Thank you
 r56 obd key.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

please use option 3 for key programming in this car.also make sure key is recognized in hextag slot
Burch Motor Works
2020-04-19T16:41:26Z
That worked perfectly on option 3.
Thanks for your help!

Does this method also work the same on bmw e-series?
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-04-20T06:04:01Z
Originally Posted by: Burch Motor Works 

That worked perfectly on option 3.
Thanks for your help!

Does this method also work the same on bmw e-series?

hi,
yes works on BMW E series also for additional key use option 3 and all key lost use option 4.