damienj
  •  damienj
  • 63.4% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-07-27T14:29:00Z
Customer (another garage) ordered a new key from local BMW Dealer

Key starts car when held against in the ring within the steering coloun, however it doesn't open the cars by remote nor does it provide any CA functions.
Checked battery
Checked Key is transmitting (it is on 868 like the other key)
Checked the key is not blocked

New key is position 4

Any ideas what I am missing?

Local dealer told the customer that only two keys can open and lock the doors at any given time???
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-07-27T14:48:31Z
Originally Posted by: damienj 

Customer (another garage) ordered a new key from local BMW Dealer

Key starts car when held against in the ring within the steering coloun, however it doesn't open the cars by remote nor does it provide any CA functions.
Checked battery
Checked Key is transmitting (it is on 868 like the other key)
Checked the key is not blocked

New key is position 4

Any ideas what I am missing?

Local dealer told the customer that only two keys can open and lock the doors at any given time???

keep key near coil and press ignition switch around times to initialize the key, If again same then you can try to reset key in hextag and reprogram it using autohex, probably this wont help as we suspect that key itself is faulty
RocketSurgeon
2020-07-27T21:29:52Z
I saw this after blocking missing key on F10. Keys would only work at emergency coil, no remote or comfort features would work on any key. Reflashed with Esys and everything was working again.
RocketSurgeon
2020-07-27T21:30:45Z
I saw this after blocking missing key on F10 (blocked key with ISTA+). Keys would only work at emergency coil, no remote or comfort features would work on any key. Reflashed with either ISTA or Esys and everything was working again.
BimmerUpgrade
2020-07-28T13:35:32Z
I had a car with same issue once. It had been standing at a dealership for 2 years. Dealer had 1 key for the car and the key wouldn’t start the engine unless you held the key to the coil. Sometimes it wouldn’t even start the engine.
They ordered a new key and exact same issue.
They called me in and 0 errors on the car. But kl15 couldn’t be activated unless ista was connected to obd port and asked to activate kl15.
It turned out that the diversity amp was dead.
After replacement of the diversity all worked fine including new key.
Willisodhiambo
2020-07-28T19:29:02Z
What happened to original keys? Deleted all keys before position 4? Checked key with frequency reader? If key has frwquency then check antenna.