CAT Motors
2020-08-01T13:49:26Z
Good day Gents,

Hoping for some pointers if someone can spare some time & share their knowledge on the matter, highly appreciate it very much!

Car is 2014 BMW F10 520d
* Car has intermittent no start, idling but wont shift into gear.
* Lots of fault codes stored but cleared anyway, found to have the cas tampered with likely an emulator mounted inside cas
* vin-DY63671, CAS4 CG 5WK50722HBR
* CAS4+ (EWS5 Active)

Now, im going to get a used cas-module,
1. cas i use a different number besides this no. "5WK50722HBR" as long as CAS4 CG?
2. Main difference between CAS4 CG vs CAS4 CG +ELV
3. Should i be concerned with the message (EWS5 Active) during cloning & adding key at the same time?

Thank you & cheers!
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

PDXAutoworks
2020-08-02T02:15:00Z
My experience with used CAS replacement has lead me to use BMW real oem and search the original CAS part number. It will bring up a list of all the compatible part numbers that can be used.
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-08-03T09:27:20Z
Originally Posted by: CAT Motors 

Good day Gents,

Hoping for some pointers if someone can spare some time & share their knowledge on the matter, highly appreciate it very much!

Car is 2014 BMW F10 520d
* Car has intermittent no start, idling but wont shift into gear.
* Lots of fault codes stored but cleared anyway, found to have the cas tampered with likely an emulator mounted inside cas
* vin-DY63671, CAS4 CG 5WK50722HBR
* CAS4+ (EWS5 Active)

Now, im going to get a used cas-module,
1. cas i use a different number besides this no. "5WK50722HBR" as long as CAS4 CG?
2. Main difference between CAS4 CG vs CAS4 CG +ELV
3. Should i be concerned with the message (EWS5 Active) during cloning & adding key at the same time?

Thank you & cheers!

cas4 ews 5 active means its CAS4+ so you please try to get a used CAS4+ with same MASk as original if you are planning to replace it with used.you can unlock the used CAS OBD from cas firmware option and before connecting to the car the used one make sure about to mileage if lower than car, if not then you can edit the mileage on bench in hextag before connecting to car.if you got more questions please feel free to contact our support team.