koanga
  •  koanga
  • 76.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-11-25T01:38:11Z
This is strange, so I cloned an MEVD17.2 successful, car starts and runs good, but when I'm trying to connect to the car via ethernet or icom using ISTA+ or E-SYS, I cannot.
ISTA+ comes with with an error that VIN cannot be read. After disconnecting the battery for 10 min or so I manage to connect to the car using e-sys and flashed the DME, flashing is going good but fails to update the VCM. Looking at the logs I notice this:

***** Link: VIN_MASTER_ETHERNET, Service: RDBI_PLAIN - ReadDataByIdentifier with unlimited Data-ID (plain hex value)
Request Parameter count: 2
- RDBI: 0x22
- RDBI_PLAIN_DID: 0xf190
Request PDU: (3) 22 f1 90
Result error: MCDError Severity: 2051, Error Code: 58640, Description: resource not available, Vendor Code: 2008, Vendor Description: T2 timeout occured

[WARN] [] com.bmw.esys.commons.exception.EsysExceptionHandler: PSdZ Error -- Reading VIN from master failed. [C058]
[INFO] [] com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_ReadVIN: sjob READ_VIN/MCD3_ReadVIN finished with P2/T2-TIMEOUT-Error! Final diagnostic block in case of failure will be skipped! [AWT-EventQueue-0]
[INFO] [] com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_ReadVIN: sjob READ_VIN/MCD3_ReadVIN finished Result: [Response 0: [ERROR_CODE: TIMEOUT P2/T2 occurred], [ERROR_DESC: T2 timeout on Service RDBI_PLAIN has error in result: [Severity=2051][ErrorCode=58640][ErrorCodeDescription=resource not available][VendorCode=2008][VendorCodeDescription=T2 timeout occured]; LinkName: VIN_MASTER_ETHERNET], [ERROR_SEVERITY: ERROR]] [AWT-EventQueue-0]
[INFO] [] com.bmw.prodias.collections.mcd.AbstractNamedCollection: provided name TP_CONTROL doesn't map to an item [AWT-EventQueue-0]

That means cloning this DME doesn`t pass the checksum? Anyone experienced this so far?
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-11-25T07:01:54Z
Pleas same topic has been discussed before please check the old threads.
koanga
  •  koanga
  • 76.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-11-25T12:57:11Z
It`s not the case here, even after sleep or battery disconnected for 10 min or more, ISTA+ cannot identify the car.
BMWZG
  •  BMWZG
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2020-11-25T16:48:34Z
If DME checksum will be not correct then engine shouldn't start I think. For me it looks like gateway problem.
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-11-26T06:30:17Z
Originally Posted by: koanga 

It`s not the case here, even after sleep or battery disconnected for 10 min or more, ISTA+ cannot identify the car.

what about autohex is it ok connecting to car.