shortys
  •  shortys
  • 56.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2021-01-13T17:29:42Z
So bmw X5 E70 looked at one today for spare key? key learning-option 3 then ask me to do CAS firmware? dont really want to do that, so if i take the CAS out can i add a spare to the CAS on the bench which i think is the safer option?
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

CipiCip
2021-01-13T18:28:47Z
The same...will ask for downgrade
shortys
  •  shortys
  • 56.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2021-01-13T18:33:14Z
yeah but will be safer than via OBD i think?
Skellykeys
2021-01-13T19:41:04Z
Autohex connects to the cas bus so it will still do firmware. If you don't want to do firmware you will have to read by solder points and use a dump tool which has its own risks.
As long as you have a good power supply connected either on the car or on bench it is safe to do firmware
CipiCip
2021-01-13T20:35:52Z
Shellykeys....in this forum we are talking about microtronik tools...not about what others tools can do and how
And everyone who use their tools and dont know how to use please contact support via skype...and they offer best support
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-01-14T05:37:30Z
Originally Posted by: shortys 

So bmw X5 E70 looked at one today for spare key? key learning-option 3 then ask me to do CAS firmware? dont really want to do that, so if i take the CAS out can i add a spare to the CAS on the bench which i think is the safer option?

Its 100% safer with Autohex to unlock OBD, Even you connect CAS on bench in autohex it will ask for cas firmware. So please proceed with CAS firmware via OBD.
shortys
  •  shortys
  • 56.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2021-01-14T09:23:49Z
ok Thank you all for your advice.
shortys
  •  shortys
  • 56.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2021-01-14T09:26:23Z
Originally Posted by: CipiCip 

Shellykeys....in this forum we are talking about microtronik tools...not about what others tools can do and how
And everyone who use their tools and dont know how to use please contact support via skype...and they offer best support

Im am using autohex? with support via skype the time difference can be a problem
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-01-14T11:33:22Z
Originally Posted by: shortys 

Originally Posted by: CipiCip 

Im am using autohex? with support via skype the time difference can be a problem

there is no need of any support for doing this car, you can do cas firmware then program key from key learning option 1 after that check new key showing as YES in slot in key learning optoin1. Restore CAS at the end.