Boosted_Eric
2021-03-16T19:21:47Z
When upgrading from msd80 or replacing another msd81, I receive a code (2ba2- Terminal 15 activation, deactivation) once car is started. Code can be cleared, but always returns after applying terminal 15 using the start button. This only happens with 535i software and I cannot find anything about this code or what causes this anywhere. Has anyone encountered this before or have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2021-03-17T04:31:29Z
Is coding OK?
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-03-17T06:57:38Z
Originally Posted by: Boosted_Eric 

When upgrading from msd80 or replacing another msd81, I receive a code (2ba2- Terminal 15 activation, deactivation) once car is started. Code can be cleared, but always returns after applying terminal 15 using the start button. This only happens with 535i software and I cannot find anything about this code or what causes this anywhere. Has anyone encountered this before or have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.

try programming/coding for the ECU with autohex.
Boosted_Eric
2021-03-18T20:36:34Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

try programming/coding for the ECU with autohex.

Thank you this worked. For anyone in the future, process is Indiv coding->engine electronics->advanced->Terminal 15 and change the value.
sixcode
2021-03-20T08:27:59Z

how did you upgrade this?
by cloning or ?
sixcode
2021-03-30T11:06:14Z
Originally Posted by: sixcode 

by cloning or ?

no answer?
abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2021-03-31T04:47:26Z
Usually they only answer when they need help LOL.

Read the injector coding from MSD80, save. Read the ISN from MSD80, save. Write ISN to MSD81. Check part number and coding in MSD81. If coding OK, just update and code injectors. If coding not OK, reset HRS to 0 in MSD81 1st, then update and code injectors.

Done
Boosted_Eric
2021-03-31T21:30:28Z

by cloning or ?

no answer?

First read new MSD81 core. Then you must adapt the CAS to that DME by matching the ISN. Next you would correct things like vin and mileage if needed. I have never run into any issues with coding not being ok, other than the Terminal 15 needing to be swapped.
sixcode
2021-04-01T12:39:25Z
so "plane" clonig will not work as i read someware that pinout for msd80 and msd81 are exactly the same
Boosted_Eric
2021-04-01T15:44:48Z

so "plane" clonig will not work as i read someware that pinout for msd80 and msd81 are exactly the same

No. The pinout is the same, but the internal hardware and software have some differences.
sixcode
2021-04-08T06:42:48Z
sorry to bring this up "again" but is it posble to program/code this on bench so MSD80-->MSD81
"if" this can be done what is the procedure step by step in autohex2 ?

i have lately questions about this by my customers....
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-04-08T07:02:40Z

sorry to bring this up "again" but is it posble to program/code this on bench so MSD80-->MSD81

For programming or coding on bench you need to use below connection along with CAS. Please note that the wiring is different from ON BENCH--->MSX8X ISN option. Make sure you connect wires correctly based on the wiring diagram shown. you can go inside coding/programming option using below connection to code or program.
 HW4 CAS3.png You have insufficient rights to see the content. HW4 MSV80.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Boosted_Eric
2021-04-08T15:41:51Z

Yes I do this all on my bench. This can be done as follows:

1. Read ISN from new MSD81 (make sure it is the correct software for that vehicle) also you will need to wire both the DME and CAS up to the autohex to access the DME. Be careful as the above shown diagram is for msv80. You will need msd81/80 diagram.
2. copy/write down the that isn from the MSD81
3. Rewrite ISN in CAS to match the one from the MSD81
4. You can change the Vin and reset the mileage through indiv coding I believe, but I've noticed that when all this is done through autohex and no other programs, the vin automatically changes.

This may not be 100% correct on how to properly do things as I generally use other software for isn reading because I can do both at the same time, but I've used this method before and it works.
sixcode
2021-04-09T13:32:55Z

1. Read ISN from new MSD81 (make sure it is the correct software for that vehicle) also you will need to wire both the DME and CAS up to the autohex to access the DME. Be careful as the above shown diagram is for msv80. You will need msd81/80 diagram.
4. You can change the Vin and reset the mileage through indiv coding I believe, but I've noticed that when all this is done through autohex and no other programs, the vin automatically changes.

This may not be 100% correct on how to properly do things as I generally use other software for isn reading because I can do both at the same time, but I've used this method before and it works.

thanks but this is the way a used computer can be used, (if needed i do this but most of the time i repair the defective dme) im talking about real update from msd80 to msd81 so incl condig and correct software for the car
as you may know msd81 you will get if you order for a car with a msd80

i have bench harnas to to this all but i want the step by step procedure for the software update incl coding that is used in the msd81 when updating from a msd80 hardware
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-04-10T07:13:02Z

thanks but this is the way a used computer can be used, (if needed i do this but most of the time i repair the defective dme) im talking about real update from msd80 to msd81 so incl condig and correct software for the car
as you may know msd81 you will get if you order for a car with a msd80

i have bench harnas to to this all but i want the step by step procedure for the software update incl coding that is used in the msd81 when updating from a msd80 hardware

you can do programming and coding for the ECU in autohex software.