NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-09-17T14:48:45Z
Hello,
Im trying to use my autohex to read a password for the first time so please excuse my ignorance. The car is a 2015 bmw 320i and the dme i believe is a mevd172p.

My problem is im not sure how to hook it up the dme to autohex properly. The software tells me to use the tricore cable but im not even sure if i have the correct cable.

1. Is the cable connected directly to the autohex and do i need 12v?

2. There are 2 red wires that need to be connected, are the wires the same? I cant tell the difference between them so how do i know which one goes the which point?

Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-09-17T14:53:57Z
 IMG_3098.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content. IMG_3097.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
This is the correct cable? and this is the MEVD172P DME?
PDXAutoworks
2021-09-17T16:15:18Z
What job are you trying to do?
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-09-17T16:18:20Z
Trying to make a key, all keys lost situation.
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-09-18T07:23:00Z
Originally Posted by: NwaLocks 

Hello,
Im trying to use my autohex to read a password for the first time so please excuse my ignorance. The car is a 2015 bmw 320i and the dme i believe is a mevd172p.

My problem is im not sure how to hook it up the dme to autohex properly. The software tells me to use the tricore cable but im not even sure if i have the correct cable.

1. Is the cable connected directly to the autohex and do i need 12v?

2. There are 2 red wires that need to be connected, are the wires the same? I cant tell the difference between them so how do i know which one goes the which point?

hello
That's the correct cable and you can use any red wires to connect to the ECU. Also use 12V 2A power supply to connect Autohex. Your ECU is MEVD1729, you can watch the attached video to see how to read the ECU using Tricore cable. if you got more questions please feel free to contact the support also.

NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-09-22T23:36:42Z
This actually ended up being a fem job but i got it done with the help of tech support on skype. I went really slow this time and if I wasnt 100% sure I stopped and asked to verify. Luckily, The car was at an auction very close to my house, so a few quick trips between questions and I had it done. I think I could get one done in about 1.5 hrs or less on the next one. Im really impressed with the software and feel much more confident to use it without issue now.

Questions for follow up, where do I go to determine exactly which dme I am working with? Another thread listed a website but the site was not functional.

Also, there are a couple of different keys that look like they are compatible with different systems ie cas4 cas4+ and fem. There is YGOHUF5662 in both 315 and 433 mhz and then NBGIDGNG1 in 433mhz. Can I use YGOHUF5662 for everything or is there a situation where I will need NBGIDGNG1? There is also YGOHUF5767 with 434 mhz. Will I need this for the US market? And then there are the newer keys with the LCD screen that are supposedly compatible with cas4, cas4+ and fem. Anyone use these?

And finally, what year range cars can we do with autohex? Can we do the newest BMW? 2019, 2020, 2021??

Sorry, I know its a lot of questions 🙂
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-09-23T07:07:50Z
Originally Posted by: NwaLocks 

This actually ended up being a fem job but i got it done with the help of tech support on skype. I went really slow this time and if I wasnt 100% sure I stopped and asked to verify. Luckily, The car was at an auction very close to my house, so a few quick trips between questions and I had it done. I think I could get one done in about 1.5 hrs or less on the next one. Im really impressed with the software and feel much more confident to use it without issue now.

Questions for follow up, where do I go to determine exactly which dme I am working with? Another thread listed a website but the site was not functional.

Also, there are a couple of different keys that look like they are compatible with different systems ie cas4 cas4+ and fem. There is YGOHUF5662 in both 315 and 433 mhz and then NBGIDGNG1 in 433mhz. Can I use YGOHUF5662 for everything or is there a situation where I will need NBGIDGNG1? There is also YGOHUF5767 with 434 mhz. Will I need this for the US market? And then there are the newer keys with the LCD screen that are supposedly compatible with cas4, cas4+ and fem. Anyone use these?

And finally, what year range cars can we do with autohex? Can we do the newest BMW? 2019, 2020, 2021??

Sorry, I know its a lot of questions :)

hello
ECU model you can search on Hextag based on the Bosch number. For the keys some other can help you.
Autohex support CAS1 to BDC in F series for key programming, for replacing ECU and some G series can be done if original respond. For more tech questions please feel free to ask tech support also.