NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-10-13T13:25:47Z
Hello,
I need to make a spare key for this vehicle. Im assuming its fem. Since there is one working key, can I just pull the fem and get the isn from the key when I have the fem on the bench? No need to pull the dme correct?
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

PDXAutoworks
2021-10-13T14:28:15Z
Originally Posted by: NwaLocks 

Hello,
I need to make a spare key for this vehicle. Im assuming its fem. Since there is one working key, can I just pull the fem and get the isn from the key when I have the fem on the bench? No need to pull the dme correct?

That is correct, you will unlock the FEM and retrieve the secret key by the working key.
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-10-14T07:56:18Z

Hello,

Hello
It will be BDC and its same procedure as FEM. you need to unlock BDC on bench using the working key and can program key after you got the secret file. There is no need to read ECU ISN if you have the working key.
NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-10-14T12:10:29Z
The BDC looks the same and is in the same location as the FEM?
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-10-14T13:55:59Z

The BDC looks the same and is in the same location as the FEM?

yes it is.
NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-10-16T23:29:05Z
Well I got the BDC module out but I could not finish the unlocking process because I didnt have a coil to connect to the BDC. I didnt realize this until I started the process, luckily it looks like autohex restored the BDC to its original condition when it could not detect a key. Is there a way to read the isn from the key using the hextag reader, maybe a different option in autohex?

Ive been looking for a coil I could buy with the proper connections but I havent seen anyone selling one. I could maybe go to a salvage yard to find one but would it have the correct connectors to connect to the BDC?FEM modules?

I opened the hood and did not see the DME, I found one video on youtube showing a different programmer reading the ISN from the DME but they left the DME in place and connected wires with it still mounted in the engine compartment. It was very brief but it looks like the DME might be down lower almost behind the engine? Anyone can point be in the right direction?

Ill pull the dme if i need to and if i can find it but obviously I would rather get it from the key if possible.
NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-10-17T03:53:21Z
I just remembered, i do have a vw immobilizer coil. That will work right if i can find the correct wires?
PDXAutoworks
2021-10-17T05:14:53Z
All you need is dupont wires to connect the coil reader to the bdc.
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-10-17T05:26:47Z

I just remembered, i do have a vw immobilizer coil. That will work right if i can find the correct wires?

Hello
If you are using other brand key coil , make sure working key is showing as YES in slot in key learning option 1. Only if it shows then proceed with unlock.
NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-10-17T12:44:30Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

Hello
If you are using other brand key coil , make sure working key is showing as YES in slot in key learning option 1. Only if it shows then proceed with unlock.

This is something that can be done on the bench? Because i already have the BDC out.

NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-10-17T19:08:38Z
The vin is: 5UXKU6C57G0R33989
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction of which dme this is and where it might be located. I have an idea but not totally sure. Ill probably be going back out to the vehicle in a couple of days, thanks.
PDXAutoworks
2021-10-17T19:28:11Z
 Screenshot_20211017-122614_Chrome.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

MEVD1728(H)
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-10-19T03:30:18Z
I ended up getting this one done. Thanks for all the help. I got the jumper wires from radio shack and used a vw coil (still on the housing 😂). Went to key programming on bench, made sure that the existing key read on my coil, backed out and unlocked the fem using isn from existing key.

I went back to key programming on bench to see if i could get it done like that instead of programming via obd but when asked to put the blank key on the coil for some reason it would not detect it. So I reinstalled the fem and programmed it obd. Actually at first i forgot to put extra power to the car, it did not detect the key on the column either. Once i put 14.2 v, it worked fine.

When the fem was on the bench, i had my power supply set to 12v, should i raise the voltage on the bench and maybe it would detect the blank key??

I got the scare of my life on this one too. When i put the fem back in, I guess i missed a plug so when i connected the battery back the windshield wiper started going and there was NO lights on the dash. After looking at the fem again I figured it out and got the car running!
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-10-19T06:25:32Z

I ended up getting this one done. Thanks for all the help. I got the jumper wires from radio shack and used a vw coil (still on the housing 😂). Went to key programming on bench, made sure that the existing key read on my coil, backed out and unlocked the fem using isn from existing key.

I went back to key programming on bench to see if i could get it done like that instead of programming via obd but when asked to put the blank key on the coil for some reason it would not detect it. So I reinstalled the fem and programmed it obd. Actually at first i forgot to put extra power to the car, it did not detect the key on the column either. Once i put 14.2 v, it worked fine.

When the fem was on the bench, i had my power supply set to 12v, should i raise the voltage on the bench and maybe it would detect the blank key??

I got the scare of my life on this one too. When i put the fem back in, I guess i missed a plug so when i connected the battery back the windshield wiper started going and there was NO lights on the dash. After looking at the fem again I figured it out and got the car running!

on bench also key is programmed on key coil not in hextag. you just need to connect hextag to laptop and can pass the option. Then you need to keep key near coil and program it.
NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-10-19T11:47:21Z
I had hextag connected and the key was on the coil. No big deal, i have an original bmw f series coil on the way. I’ll figure it out next time.
eric713cruz
2022-02-24T02:26:27Z
Originally Posted by: PDXAutoworks 

Screenshot_20211017-122614_Chrome.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

MEVD1728(H)

Hey can you send me a pm, I need your help with something but your inbox is full.
Autohex_II_BMW
2022-02-24T07:34:58Z
Originally Posted by: eric713cruz 

Originally Posted by: PDXAutoworks 

MEVD1728(H)

Hey can you send me a pm, I need your help with something but your inbox is full.

you can contact support via live chat from website. Anyway we have emptied our inbox also.