b1eoux04
  •  b1eoux04
  • 61.6% (Friendly)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2021-11-13T14:15:36Z
Hello all,

I just add a key on a 2020 X1 F48 with AutoHexII on bench (update BDC GW and Body, secret file with working key...), everything from the new remote (NBGIDGNG1) is working nicely (remote unlock-lock, comfort access, comfort starting...) I am very impressed. The only problem is the Contact-free tailgate opening (moving a leg beneath the rear bumper) is not functioning anymore.

I did a short test with ISTA/D before and after the BDC unlocking and add key, the fault 804178 Evaluation electronics, contact-free tailgate opening: Parameterization faulty was not present before
the BDC unlocking. I also hit the button 'Update' before doing the BDC unlock to be sure the files are the most recent from the Microtronik servers.

I complete the suggested test plan ABL Contactless trunk opening, it is like the BDC is not coded to the vehicle as they ask if the VIN of the BDC is the same as the vehicle. There is no service function I can find for the fault.
I also reprogrammed and coded the BDC GW and BODY again with AutoHexII after the BDC is re-installed to try fix the fault.

I rescheduled an appointment with the owner, I will update and code the vehicle with ISTA next week and hoping for the best.

It seem there is a coding problem after BDC unlocking, did someone encounter this problem before?
Regards,
Eric
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Burch Motor Works
2021-11-15T19:22:38Z
I would think a full update using ISTA to re-add the boot opening function VO should sort that problem.
Best of luck. Let us know if that solves it!
b1eoux04
  •  b1eoux04
  • 61.6% (Friendly)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2021-11-16T22:39:58Z
Thank you for the reply. Today I did a program/coding with ISTA and now no fault for the contact-free opening tailgate, works great. The VO wasn't modified. Must be something in the BDC coding.
b1eoux04
  •  b1eoux04
  • 61.6% (Friendly)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2021-12-22T03:47:44Z
Hello again,
I just find the reason of the 804178 Parametrisation faulty I had after adding a key. There is a BMW bulletin about this fault code: SIB 61 10 21.
There is a software problem in integration levels between F056-21-03-500 and F056-21-03-570. So when I updated the BDC module with Hexprog, one of those
software were in the Microtronik database. So it's a faulty BMW software. The correction start at software level F056-21-03-574.