koanga
  •  koanga
  • 76.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-08-12T11:43:17Z
I notice a "bug" or you can call it lack of feature when using the cloning feature. In case you didn`t connect correctly the donor DME after reading the OEM one, there is no way to retry, making this a nightmare and need to solder/connect the OME dme again and so on. Will be nice to see in the upcoming software update the function to retry instead on just pressing ok on the error message in case the DME connection are not ok.

ps: dealing with an MSV80 and have to solder additional parts in order to be able to read/write and you have no idea how frustrating this is.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-08-12T11:59:08Z
Originally Posted by: koanga 

I notice a "bug" or you can call it lack of feature when using the cloning feature. In case you didn`t connect correctly the donor DME after reading the OEM one, there is no way to retry, making this a nightmare and need to solder/connect the OME dme again and so on. Will be nice to see in the upcoming software update the function to retry instead on just pressing ok on the error message in case the DME connection are not ok.

ps: dealing with an MSV80 and have to solder additional parts in order to be able to read/write and you have no idea how frustrating this is.

if you are talking only about the MSV80 if the components are missing you need to add it to communicate it in factory mode. Also when it comes to ECU with CLONE button we are giving a warning in wiring diagram itself to make backup from both and not to use the CLONE button for it. All other model's without CLONE button you need to make backup from original and RESTORE it on used. All procedures are standard procedure of read/write ECU.
https://www.youtube.com/c/Microtronik/videos
koanga
  •  koanga
  • 76.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-08-12T12:09:03Z
What I`m saying is that after cloning the oem DME the software is flagging you to connect the donor DME and press ok, in case I didn`t connect properly the donor an error message popups up and only available option is to press OK, and start again with oem one and so on. Will be very helpful if the software will flag you like "dme not connected, or whatever" and have an option to RETRY instead of OK, so you don`t have to go back to square 1.
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-08-12T12:47:34Z

What I`m saying is that after cloning the oem DME the software is flagging you to connect the donor DME and press ok, in case I didn`t connect properly the donor an error message popups up and only available option is to press OK, and start again with oem one and so on. Will be very helpful if the software will flag you like "dme not connected, or whatever" and have an option to RETRY instead of OK, so you don`t have to go back to square 1.

for the continental ECU's you need to follow this no other options. And when you make backup from donor before you clone you can confirm its communicating on bench in factory mode or not.
abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2020-08-14T04:00:55Z

Yes it does this also when you do full back up does not save files separately, sometimes needed for verification or modification. So, you need to do full backup, then read P /D FLS and Ex EPR. again. BTW, can you try to update this DME after cloning and see if updates?

TY