benoos
  •  benoos
  • 56.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2020-08-19T09:10:53Z
Hi,
I have strange problem with F10 535xi 2010 from Canada after front crash. Few months ago car came with all key lost, so I read CAS4 with HexProg and made new key. WORKS. Don't remember if red dot was there already.

Few days ago I met the car again, repaired, but RED DOT on instrument cluster 6WA and many errors like:
Failure: drivetrain, DSC, 4x4, brakes.

Checked CAS4 and 6WA cluster and vin is the same, milege the same, even I made cas on 0 and IC virgin, nothing change. Flashed KOMBI and CAS, coded, nothing change. Red dot still there and very strange when I made cluster on 0, and normal mileage in CAS, there is still 0 on cluster. Even after 10km drive. ?! Cluster shows speed etc.

There are errors like on screen and is also "ZGM k-CAN fault, signal" (not at screen)

Anyone has an idea?
Seat module can couse errors on CAS, KOMBI or DSC?
 2aa.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content. 1aa.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-08-19T10:10:06Z
Originally Posted by: benoos 

Hi,
I have strange problem with F10 535xi 2010 from Canada after front crash. Few months ago car came with all key lost, so I read CAS4 with HexProg and made new key. WORKS. Don't remember if red dot was there already.

Few days ago I met the car again, repaired, but RED DOT on instrument cluster 6WA and many errors like:
Failure: drivetrain, DSC, 4x4, brakes.

Checked CAS4 and 6WA cluster and vin is the same, milege the same, even I made cas on 0 and IC virgin, nothing change. Flashed KOMBI and CAS, coded, nothing change. Red dot still there and very strange when I made cluster on 0, and normal mileage in CAS, there is still 0 on cluster. Even after 10km drive. ?! Cluster shows speed etc.

There are errors like on screen and is also "ZGM k-CAN fault, signal" (not at screen)

Anyone has an idea?
Seat module can couse errors on CAS, KOMBI or DSC?
 2aa.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content. 1aa.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

red dot is from VIN mismatch in CAS and Cluster.Make sure VIN is correct in CAS and KOmbi if you want you can read eeprom in hextag from kombi and send us file we will take a look.
benoos
  •  benoos
  • 56.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2020-08-19T10:22:43Z
I know it is from, in my case it looks like CAS and KOMBI not communicating with themselves, because when I made mileage in cluster on 0, it not write mileage from CAS. I was looking for some can filter, but did`t find. I will send files on Skype right now
Noy
  •  Noy
  • 85.8% (Honored)
  • Advanced Member
2020-08-19T15:35:42Z
look for canfilter in kombi or in cas.
red dot come usually when mileage is temper with. (if car was oke before).
benoos
  •  benoos
  • 56.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2020-08-20T10:33:38Z
like I said before, I was looking for canfilter, but nothing found in CAS or KOMBI. Did it again yesterday, and nothing found.
Looking in errors from ISTA have somebody another theory without CAS and KOMBI involved? what can cause eroors like this in DSC, and brakes communication between CAS and KOMBI ?

Today programmed virgin EEPROM Cluster from support, flashed DSC and nothing change.

Support let me to do key again, have somebody experience that making key in CAS4 makes some problems with dflash or similar errors to me?
Milkyway
2020-08-20T10:47:46Z
Hello!

I know this from a 6WB. If you set the CAS to 0 and delete mileage and VIN in 35160 eeprom in Kombi the red dot will appear and the mileage is not correct.

Please check the 95xxx eeprom and delete there both VINs.

CU Oliver
benoos
  •  benoos
  • 56.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2020-08-20T13:46:34Z
Originally Posted by: Milkyway 

I know this from a 6WB. If you set the CAS to 0 and delete mileage and VIN in 35160 eeprom in Kombi the red dot will appear and the mileage is not correct.

Please check the 95xxx eeprom and delete there both VINs.

Thank you for sharing experience. I checked yesterday 95xxx eeprom and there are two short VINs from the car. Didn't edit it, just 160D0WQ.
My last experience with 6WA retrofit was in F25 and there I only delete VIN in 160d0wq and 0 mileage. After coding car took VIN and mileage from CAS and red dot dissapeard. Here will be different?

Now I have 152k km in CAS4, and 6WA doesn`t take mileage from CAS. Even if wrong VIN I guess it shoud take mileage, yes?
benoos
  •  benoos
  • 56.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2020-09-06T18:27:57Z
To be fair - I fixed it by doing keys from beginning. Flashed ori CAS dump, deleted old keys, add new one, and it works like it should be. Some eeprom bug I guess
Milkyway
2020-09-06T18:40:54Z
Hello!

Correct, the two VINs inside the 95xxx eeprom are from the car, but you have to set this two entries to FF - otherwise the kombi and the CAS will not synchronize again. Only my experience, but it works.

CU Oliver