WeissNicht
2020-09-28T14:55:45Z
Hi,

I consinder buying a Hextag.
Can somebody tell me if reading the CAS4 without Comfort Access and writing the retrieved flash-file to a donor used CAS4 with Comfort Access will be possible? Do CA and Non-CA CAS4 have the same firmware?
I have a BMW F12 and the donor CAS4 came from an X3; so the firmware might be different.

My goal is to retrofit CA to my BMW.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

PDXAutoworks
2020-09-28T16:32:55Z
Hi,

Best to check bmwrealoem.com

Put in CAS original part number and click search. It will produce a list of all compatible part numbers. You can use any compatible part number.

Direct cloning is usually not recommended as many times the issues can be carried over. My suggestion is to change the ISN in the replacement CAS, transfer the FA (vehicle order) and code / program the CAS. To do this task you will need Autohex II.

Edit: I just re-read you post again, if you write orginial CAS eeprom / flash (with non comfort) to a CAS that has comfort access, i believe you will lose the comfort access feature. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
WeissNicht
2020-09-29T07:08:25Z
Originally Posted by: PDXAutoworks 

Edit: I just re-read you post again, if you write orginial CAS eeprom / flash (with non comfort) to a CAS that has comfort access, i believe you will lose the comfort access feature. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi,

sorry, my english might be not optimal.

My "old" CAS has no issues, but it lacks the 3rd connector for the Antennas for the cofort access. I woud buy a new CAS, but BMW refuses to sell me a cas, which was not in this particular car with this VIN (some sort of liability issue here in germany).
What I´m not sure about is if I would really loose the comfort access by cloning the old CAS onto the new CAS. The parameters are for comfort access are already there in my old CAS.

Another approach I think of is cloning the CAS and afterwards flashing the software; but I am unsure, if ESys will do that when the actual software does not match the intended flash.

WeissNicht
2020-10-26T09:19:10Z
A little Feedback....

Today I was able to clone my non-CA CAS4 to a CAS4 with CA with AutoHex and HexProg.
Readout of ISN from DDE was not necsessary; but I did it, to check after wrtiging to the CAS with CA.
I cloned D- and P-Flash. No Errorcodes stored in my BMW F12.

From what I figured out, the firmware in the CAS is the same for CA and Non-CA; so it is just coding.
I´ll try next if this is the case.

If not, I would have to flash the suitable firmware to the CAS by using BMW-Software.