NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-10-24T01:35:49Z
Hello,
Im new to the forums, can someone explain key programming for cas4 and cas4+? If all keys lost, we can program keys through obd, but do we still need to access the dme to get the isn or that can be done obd also?

I have watched the videos and reading the forums but still not sure when the dme isn is needed and what needs to be done to get it?

Also, if adding a key, the working key has the isn information needed?

thank you.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

PDXAutoworks
2020-10-24T04:39:39Z
I just did a CAS4 all keys lost a few weeks ago. I always try to read the DME ISN via OBD to see if I can get it. It would not read on the car I was working on, so I ended up using hextag to read the DME and it shows you the ISN (you have to write it down or take a picture with your phone). Autohex also can read the DME ISN but I was not having any luck reading it so I used hextag instead.

Once you have the DME ISN, go to key learning and choose program key with no working key. Follow each step, type in ISN when it asks for it, add new key and job done. MAKE SURE YOU USE BATTERY SUPPORT! I use a programming power supply that keeps the voltage at 14.7 @ 100amps.

If you have a working key and just want to add a new key, it can simply be done via OBD under normal key learning procedure.
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-10-24T07:26:00Z
Originally Posted by: NwaLocks 

Hello,
Im new to the forums, can someone explain key programming for cas4 and cas4+? If all keys lost, we can program keys through obd, but do we still need to access the dme to get the isn or that can be done obd also?

I have watched the videos and reading the forums but still not sure when the dme isn is needed and what needs to be done to get it?

thank you.

For CAS4 (EWS 5 NOT ACTIVE) there is no need for ISN even all key lost or additional, you can unlock CAS OBD from CAS firmware option except CAS with MASK 1L15Y which you need to go for old D-flash method.
When coming to CAS4+ (EWS 5 ACTIVE) mostly from 2012+ models you need DME ISN despite of all key lost or additional key. you can try to read DME/DDE ISN OBD from ISN manager option1 and if any error you can read it ON BENCH in factory mode. Once you got ISN you can unlock CAS OBD from CAS firmware option.
For more technical doubts you can contact us via skype or WhatsApp on below given details.
WhatsApp: +971555827622
NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-10-24T23:02:40Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

Hello,

thank you.

For CAS4 (EWS 5 NOT ACTIVE) there is no need for ISN even all key lost or additional, you can unlock CAS OBD from CAS firmware option except CAS with MASK 1L15Y which you need to go for old D-flash method.
When coming to CAS4+ (EWS 5 ACTIVE) mostly from 2012+ models you need DME ISN despite of all key lost or additional key. you can try to read DME/DDE ISN OBD from ISN manager option1 and if any error you can read it ON BENCH in factory mode. Once you got ISN you can unlock CAS OBD from CAS firmware option.
For more technical doubts you can contact us via skype or WhatsApp on below given details.
WhatsApp: +971555827622

thanks guys, greatly appreciated. About a year ago, I tried to read msv80 isn through obd using vvdi2, it corrupted the dme. I didn't know there was an issue with the msv80. I even pulled out the cas first to back up the data. I know Autohex has a great reputation and should be much better at reading dme isn. But my concern is, will autohex allow me to try something that is risky without knowing? If there is an error, it doesn't mess up the dme?
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-10-25T06:01:49Z
for continental ECU's you need ignition to read ISN OBD, so if its all key lost software will warn you it needs ignition would you like to proceed in that case you should not proceed and you must read the ISN on bench just by connecting some wires to ECU or you can connect another CAS with lower mileage to car which has a key and make ignition ON.
FYI the ECU corrupted by other tool you can retrieve it back to normal in Autohex by doing indiv programming for the ECU.
NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-10-25T13:33:26Z
I did use another cas from a mini cooper but i dont know if it had lower mileage. The lower mileage is important? Does it matter the version of the cas?

Maybe ill read it and change the mileage for next time.
Findlaybum
2020-10-25T14:43:00Z
If you use a Cas with a higher mileage .. it will write the mileage to the dash..... if its lower then the dash will write its mileage to the CAS ...
OFFICIAL FRIEND OF OFFICIAL AUTOHEX II PARTNER .. AND OFFICIAL FRIEND OF THE BOSS .:)
NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-10-25T15:00:55Z
Makes sense, thanks. I guess it doesn't matter about the cas version though?
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-10-26T06:00:05Z

Makes sense, thanks. I guess it doesn't matter about the cas version though?

reading DME ISN is very easy work compared to risking another cas with unknown mileage. Taking our Continental ECU is easy and in autohex you just need to plug in some wires direct to ECU to get ISN. please check the attached photo for MSV80 ECU and for ECU's like MSD80,81,85 etc. you can read/write ISN from ON BENCH --->MSX8X ISN option.
 HW4 MSV80.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-10-29T02:56:47Z
Originally Posted by: PDXAutoworks 

I just did a CAS4 all keys lost a few weeks ago. I always try to read the DME ISN via OBD to see if I can get it. It would not read on the car I was working on, so I ended up using hextag to read the DME and it shows you the ISN (you have to write it down or take a picture with your phone). Autohex also can read the DME ISN but I was not having any luck reading it so I used hextag instead.

Once you have the DME ISN, go to key learning and choose program key with no working key. Follow each step, type in ISN when it asks for it, add new key and job done. MAKE SURE YOU USE BATTERY SUPPORT! I use a programming power supply that keeps the voltage at 14.7 @ 100amps.

If you have a working key and just want to add a new key, it can simply be done via OBD under normal key learning procedure.

So i just realized that my maintainer only provides up to 70 amps. Is this enough for any obd procedure using autohex or are there certain things that require more power? Mine is the otc-700a.

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-10-29T06:25:12Z
For ODB works try to maintain 13 V for programming etc. On bench we recommend 12V 2A AC/DC adapter.