Burch Motor Works
2020-11-05T20:54:20Z
Hi,
I have a Mini F56 that requires a replacement DME - MEVD 1723. The original will not communicate at all/ is damaged.
How do I replace with a used unit where I cannot get the ISN from the original damaged DME?
I've searched this forum and autohex videos but cannot seem to find the solution?
Many thanks
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

mbenztech
2020-11-05T20:58:34Z
You didn't look hard enough. Read ISN, Change VIN and reset working hours. Write ISN from DME to CAS. Perform Flashin/coding of used DME.
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-11-07T06:27:02Z
if you cannot read isn from original damaged dme , please unlock bdc onbench using working key and read bdc isn from isn manager option4 and write that isn to donor dme using factory mode and do indiv programming for donor dme on car
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-11-07T07:05:19Z
Originally Posted by: mbenztech 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-HTeYF7H-8 You didn't look hard enough. Read ISN, Change VIN and reset working hours. Write ISN from DME to CAS. Perform Flashin/coding of used DME.

this video is old , now no need to open ECU for read/write ISN you can do in factory mode without opening.