WeissNicht
2020-11-11T08:21:07Z
Hi guy,

dows someone know how to change the HWAP in a bin-file from a CAS4?
I´m trying to upgrade my BMW with ComfortAccess, but I ran into a problem with a clone of my CAS4.

I cloned the CAS4 without CA onto a donor CAS4 with CA. This is working without any issues, besides the fact, it is now recognized as a CAS4 without CA.
I narrowed down to the HWAP, which is stored somewhere inside the D-Flash.
Since the D-Flash is a clone from my other CAS (without CA), the HWAP is wrong.

I found two places, where the HWAP is in plain-text in the bin, but changing these does not work (still recognized as wrong HWAP in E-Sys)

Does someone know, where and how the HWAP is encoded in the bin?
I need to change it from 0x02 EA FF FF FF to 0x02 EB FF FF FF
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

gosha565
2021-06-01T09:17:15Z
Originally Posted by: WeissNicht 

Hi guy,

dows someone know how to change the HWAP in a bin-file from a CAS4?
I´m trying to upgrade my BMW with ComfortAccess, but I ran into a problem with a clone of my CAS4.

I cloned the CAS4 without CA onto a donor CAS4 with CA. This is working without any issues, besides the fact, it is now recognized as a CAS4 without CA.
I narrowed down to the HWAP, which is stored somewhere inside the D-Flash.
Since the D-Flash is a clone from my other CAS (without CA), the HWAP is wrong.

I found two places, where the HWAP is in plain-text in the bin, but changing these does not work (still recognized as wrong HWAP in E-Sys)

Does someone know, where and how the HWAP is encoded in the bin?
I need to change it from 0x02 EA FF FF FF to 0x02 EB FF FF FF

Hello! I have the same problem. When I clone the original CAS (without the CA) CAS with CA loses comfortable access and works as original. Can you tell me how you solved your problem? How did you change HWAP to EB?