eric713cruz
2021-03-05T18:26:55Z
I know OBD tuning is still in development to add more protocols.
But can Hextag be used on the bench to read map data (P flash etc.) , Remap, and write back?
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

PDXAutoworks
2021-03-06T07:34:51Z
Yes, can read maps and write maps and do some checksums on certain ecus. Can not edit maps as you will need another software for that.
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-03-06T09:49:48Z
Originally Posted by: eric713cruz 

But can Hextag be used on the bench to read map data (P flash etc.) , Remap, and write back?

yes you can read and write maps using Hextag, you need to read P-flash for doing this work. if you got more technical doubts you can contact tech support via skype or WhatsApp.
eric713cruz
2021-03-13T21:17:25Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

yes you can read and write maps using Hextag, you need to read P-flash for doing this work. if you got more technical doubts you can contact tech support via skype or WhatsApp.

Does this have to be done in boot mode or can this be done in factory mode as well?
mbenztech
2021-03-14T03:26:46Z

Does this have to be done in boot mode or can this be done in factory mode as well?

It all depends on the ECU you are working on. When you open up Hextag and go to the ecu you are working on, you can see what the options are. Most ecu's are done in factory mode but there are many that are only done in boot mode.
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-03-14T05:57:35Z

you can see the support list from the below link, can see from there which all ECU supported in factory mode.
https://www.microtronik....prog_Ecu_Tuning_List.pdf