BmwMerc
  •  BmwMerc
  • 71% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2021-06-05T22:49:04Z
Hi,
Need some advice from forum members.
Have an MSD80, CAS and key on the bench. As I know wasn`t able to start the car.
The first thing I have noticed the remote key was aftermarket one, checked CAS it was in downgraded mode, so, restored successfully with Autohex and A0AA and A0AB have gone. Most likely someone tried to add or added a new key and wasn`t able to restore CAS module. This problem sorted.
Now...when I try to open Indiv Programming in Autohex it gives a warning - "Missing I-Step, Programming is not possible". In Indiv Coding similar error when I try to go to DME module - "This module is nor ready for Encoding".
Is there any way to sort this problem quickly with Autohex, anyway to reflash it and then code it.
Looks like not just CAS had problems but someone tried to do something with ECU too.
Btw, all on bench car is far away.

Update: I had to go back to Vehicle Selection Menu and then start again and all looks good in Indiv Programming. Flash status of ECU was "No data in flash" then flashed ECU with Autohex, encoded and all good now.
One more thing...INPA can not see CAS VIN in UIF (its completely blank in there even no yyyyyyy), but Autohex in Indiv Progr and Coding shows VIN. I`ve tried to downgrade and restore CAS again still no VIN shown in INPA. Any ideas?
Update2: CAS indiv coding with AH didn`t help, so I had to do Indiv programming/coding then CAS VIN back to normal in INPA UIF.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2021-06-06T06:55:13Z
Originally Posted by: BmwMerc 

Hi,
Need some advice from forum members.
Have an MSD80, CAS and key on the bench. As I know wasn`t able to start the car.
The first thing I have noticed the remote key was aftermarket one, checked CAS it was in downgraded mode, so, restored successfully with Autohex and A0AA and A0AB have gone. Most likely someone tried to add or added a new key and wasn`t able to restore CAS module. This problem sorted.
Now...when I try to open Indiv Programming in Autohex it gives a warning - "Missing I-Step, Programming is not possible". In Indiv Coding similar error when I try to go to DME module - "This module is nor ready for Encoding".
Is there any way to sort this problem quickly with Autohex, anyway to reflash it and then code it.
Looks like not just CAS had problems but someone tried to do something with ECU too.
Btw, all on bench car is far away.

Update: I had to go back to Vehicle Selection Menu and then start again and all looks good in Indiv Programming. Flash status of ECU was "No data in flash" then flashed ECU with Autohex, encoded and all good now.
One more thing...INPA can not see CAS VIN in UIF (its completely blank in there even no yyyyyyy), but Autohex in Indiv Progr and Coding shows VIN. I`ve tried to downgrade and restore CAS again still no VIN shown in INPA. Any ideas?
Update2: CAS indiv coding with AH didn`t help, so I had to do Indiv programming/coding then CAS VIN back to normal in INPA UIF.

your DME was in programming mode , that's why car was not starting. Once you program everything went back to normal. Good to hear you have solved the car with autohex.