Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2021-06-13T14:53:23Z
Hello!

I 'm trying to read out a EDC16 and a ME9.2 DME with Hextag. I've the adapter for Hextag and several BDM frame adapter. Hextag needs EPEE on Pin 3 of the Bosch DME - the only tool which is needing this Pin. My Bosch adapters have no Pin 3 and 4 and the other adapter (OptiCan 101) has no Pin 3. Due to this I'm not able to read out any Bosch DME. With the same adapter I can read out the ECU via XXX, but not with Hextag due to this damn Pin 3 for EPEE. Why is Hextag so different to all other tools?

CU Oliver
For reading

hi,
The EPEE wire is not mandatory it will work even without that. you can read all the MPC using our MPC adapter. Please make sure you have the it and please see the attached picture for the connections. you can even use the BDM frame for reading it also.

MPC PINOUT.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
2021-06-14T08:17:16Z
Hello!

Tested it with a EDC16CP35, MEV9.2 and ME9. BDM Adapter for Hextag is here, connected to OptiCan 101 with 10 pin flat-wire. No way to read out any DME. When I change nothing, the only thing is that I connect the Optican with KTAG I can read the DMEs. So the pins are okay, the Optican BDM adapter is okay, the problem is the adpater from Hextag or Hextag itself.

CU Oliver
Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
2021-06-14T12:23:53Z
Hello!

Okay, I fear my Hextag is the problem. Tested now a EDC17C50 factory mode - without sucess. I cannot read a FRM3 - regardless what I'm trying to read, the Hextag cannot response with any ECU.

Houston (Microtonik), we have a problem.

CU Oliver