tschek
  •  tschek
  • 51.4% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2021-08-06T04:07:26Z
Hey there, I will need please your help. Got problem wit customer car..
I was cloning BMW DME ME 9.2 with Hexprog after that dont`t work anymore, also the original one.
But now, one after the other.

The original DME was okay enough to be able to use it for read out the data. After a while, the engine went into emergency mode, but was starting and running (with original DME). So we decided to clone it use Hexprog with Clone License.
Read the original one and write Data in donaor one. Without any reporting error while doing this.

after Cloning:
With donor DME Cas won`t start, after that switch back the original one and car also don`t start anymore. The ECU can be reached on the bus, but nothing can be done because it is running in ERROR mode.

After that i was again (second time) read out the data from the original one, to crosscheck that.
What I found was that the EXFLASH was changed, looks like is corrupted. Only the EXFLASH, the other two files are ok.

But ones again, on the original DME i had ONLY do reading. Looks like this was enough to get the EXFLASH broken....

How can i solved this, somebody can point me to the right direction ?

Is an customer car....

Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

batabmw
2021-08-06T14:43:24Z
also the same problem has happened to me twice already ME9.2. Now I have two Dme Ecu that do not work
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-08-07T06:37:12Z
Originally Posted by: tschek 

Hey there, I will need please your help. Got problem wit customer car..
I was cloning BMW DME ME 9.2 with Hexprog after that dont`t work anymore, also the original one.
But now, one after the other.

The original DME was okay enough to be able to use it for read out the data. After a while, the engine went into emergency mode, but was starting and running (with original DME). So we decided to clone it use Hexprog with Clone License.
Read the original one and write Data in donaor one. Without any reporting error while doing this.

after Cloning:
With donor DME Cas won`t start, after that switch back the original one and car also don`t start anymore. The ECU can be reached on the bus, but nothing can be done because it is running in ERROR mode.

After that i was again (second time) read out the data from the original one, to crosscheck that.
What I found was that the EXFLASH was changed, looks like is corrupted. Only the EXFLASH, the other two files are ok.

But ones again, on the original DME i had ONLY do reading. Looks like this was enough to get the EXFLASH broken....

How can i solved this, somebody can point me to the right direction ?

Is an customer car....

hello
are you on latest version of 1.0.40. if you are getting same issue on latest version please contact support on live chat.
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-08-07T06:37:35Z
Originally Posted by: batabmw 

also the same problem has happened to me twice already ME9.2. Now I have two Dme Ecu that do not work

you got error few months back or recently even with latest version?
batabmw
2021-08-08T07:35:26Z
the last ECU was made with the latest version
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-08-09T05:35:42Z
Originally Posted by: batabmw 

the last ECU was made with the latest version

can you please contact support , we need more information and also the files from ecu to check
AUTOHEX_BMW
2021-08-09T06:43:47Z
ME 9.2 don't work cloned directly, you must feed external flash with 5v,then clone bdm
applerallph
2021-08-09T07:35:03Z
External 5v ???
AUTOHEX_BMW
2021-08-09T09:40:41Z
 16285019412707452386681280456544.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content. 16285019578408835217774758975176.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Originally Posted by: applerallph 

External 5v ???

Picture from my laptop
applerallph
2021-08-09T10:59:31Z
..okey so this 5v wire is an addition to the wiring on the diagram in hextag. Okey great ! I bet yu goin to update the wiring diagram in hexprog as well please😑
giann123
2021-08-15T14:32:09Z
hello,can you help me?i have troubles with hexprog clonning.photo not clear.can you tell me where 5v apply?
applerallph
2021-08-15T16:41:05Z
From what i can see its pin#53 (WP - write protection) Has to be set high at 5V to unlock the whole flash area for read/write . It all makes sense now thanks Microtronik !!! But this has to be updated on the wiring diagram 🤓
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-08-16T06:17:38Z

From what i can see its pin#53 (WP - write protection) Has to be set high at 5V to unlock the whole flash area for read/write . It all makes sense now thanks Microtronik !!! But this has to be updated on the wiring diagram 🤓

hello
Please contact support we need more information.
AUTOHEX_BMW
2021-08-30T20:38:48Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

hello

This kind of ecu work clone only bdm, not working bench 🙂 and have isn in flash
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-08-31T05:50:04Z
Originally Posted by: AUTOHEX_BMW 

hello

This kind of ecu work clone only bdm, not working bench 🙂 and have isn in flash

we are working on it , yes supported on bench with MPC adapter but we are studying why donor stop responds after cloning. Hopefully will be solved on next update.
bmchicago
2021-09-23T18:33:29Z
any update on this. Cant flash ME9.2 MPC555 with D28F800F3 ex-flash.
abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2021-09-24T00:48:00Z
Also, take a look art MS45. Does nor connect to read. Maybe that is just me. Using the standard Siemens probe.

VBR
bmchicago
2021-09-24T18:58:32Z
Originally Posted by: abc123 

Also, take a look art MS45. Does nor connect to read. Maybe that is just me. Using the standard Siemens probe.

VBR

yes i had the same issue too. it bricked my MS45.0 unfortunately during a test read.

I was able to write to ME9.2 with another tool without having to lift any pins, and i didnt have to remove the ECU from other side to apply 3.3v to pin 53, or short any VIAs together. When can HexProg be updated to do the same?
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-09-25T07:09:36Z
Originally Posted by: bmchicago 

Originally Posted by: abc123 

VBR

yes i had the same issue too. it bricked my MS45.0 unfortunately during a test read.

I was able to write to ME9.2 with another tool without having to lift any pins, and i didnt have to remove the ECU from other side to apply 3.3v to pin 53, or short any VIAs together. When can HexProg be updated to do the same?

ME9.2 issue has been already corrected and will be active from next update. For the MS45 we have not got any complaints from customers. However if you have got any issue on MS45 please send us original files, and file read after you write using hextag we will compare.
abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2021-09-28T03:19:25Z

Originally Posted by: bmchicago 

For the MS45 we have not got any complaints from customers. However if you have got any issue on MS45 please send us original files, and file read after you write using hextag we will compare.

Tried another MS54.1 today. Reads / writes OK as a backup / restore but no comms after on cloned DME (FLASH not written correctly). If you clone one by one, communication OK but has a checksum RAM fault. This fault probably not the tool fault but I did not have time to test.
Thanks again.