visavis88
2021-10-09T01:31:58Z
Hello, friends. Needs some advice.

I have 2013 BMW 535xi m-package.
VIN: wbafu7c54ddu69831

Needed to replace DME because of valvetronic codes.
Got exactly the same DME as original (8 606 309 -01, Bosch # 0 261 S08 996, BMW # 170103882)
Used "Factory ISN" function and copied original ISN and working hours on a bench.
Put used DME in a car, and programmed/coded it.

Now it has a code for a radiator shutter grill. This code WAS NOT THERE BEFORE.
CD9203 Radiator shutter, LIN communication: Signal Faulty.

This car doesn't have a grill shutter option, FA Manager doesn't have this option selected ($1CB i believe), there is no grill shutter behind the bumper and no connector anywhere for it.
So I put original DME back and reprogrammed it the same way, using Autohex. No code for grill shutter! Put the used one and reprogrammed again, code came back.
I also tried ISTAD+ with the same result.

Any suggestions on how to force the used DME to delete grill shutter option?

Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

applerallph
2021-10-09T04:43:26Z
..back up and restore with hexprog coz here what you want to verify is faulty hardware on original ECU not flash files
b1eoux04
2021-10-09T13:29:10Z
Hi, do you still have the 7 last digits of the VIN number printed on the used DME case? It would be interesting to know the options of the donor car.
This particular DME can be found in Europe, Egypt, Russia and USA models.
visavis88
2021-10-10T04:45:33Z
Originally Posted by: b1eoux04 

Hi, do you still have the 7 last digits of the VIN number printed on the used DME case? It would be interesting to know the options of the donor car.

i don't have it unfortunately, but i could try to find it, if it would really help.

Originally Posted by: applerallph 

..back up and restore with hexprog coz here what you want to verify is faulty hardware on original ECU not flash files

not sure i understand. i'm not trying to verify a faulty hardware on original DME. I just need to program a donor DME properly. I haven't used hexprog before, but If you mean that I can use it to backup original DME into a file and restore it on a donor DME, I will try.
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-10-10T05:49:15Z
Originally Posted by: visavis88 

i don't have it unfortunately, but i could try to find it, if it would really help.

not sure i understand. i'm not trying to verify a faulty hardware on original DME. I just need to program a donor DME properly. I haven't used hexprog before, but If you mean that I can use it to backup original DME into a file and restore it on a donor DME, I will try.

yes using hextag you can clone the ECU, but if you don't have a license for it you need to order that. you can order cloning license from your account on www.hexprog.com  its 1000$ for the license and 350$ subscription from second year , Its instant online activation you just need to order and make an update for your device.
visavis88
2021-10-10T06:44:44Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

Originally Posted by: visavis88 

yes using hextag you can clone the ECU, but if you don't have a license for it you need to order that. you can order cloning license from your account on www.hexprog.com  its 1000$ for the license and 350$ subscription from second year , Its instant online activation you just need to order and make an update for your device.

looks like i don't have a subscription for it 😞 i already spent 5,800$+ on an autohex, don't have extra 1000$ right now for another license.

if i didn't have an original DME to clone, there is no other way to program the used one properly just using autohexII?
roxetteer
2021-10-10T08:13:29Z
This is variant coding related, should be able to reset DME equipment but not with AH.
visavis88
2021-10-12T00:32:20Z
Looks like I fixed the issue by performing "Compare Equipment Specification" function (Special Functions âž± Adjustment Functions âž± Compare Equipment Specification)
Didn't have to do anything else after that.

No more grill shutter code!

Wish I knew it earlier. Hope it will save someone hours of unnecessary work.