Vwvix
  •  Vwvix
  • 52% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2021-11-26T18:43:51Z
I am absolutely desperate and hope that someone can help!!!!!
I have a 2013 manual VW Passat with a faulty ECU (EDC17). In February this year the car just would not start and it turned out that the ECU was water damaged. Dried it out and put it back in the car and everything was fine for a few months Then about 5 months ago the engine management light and airbag light came on a stayed on then 2 months ago the coil light started flashing and car kept going into limp mode. When checked it said it was turbo...sent turbo off and they sent it back as it was ok. Garage got a second hand ECU unit with same codes except it was from an automatic. Cloned ECU but cannot get the immobiliser codes from old one to replacement one. They ordered a pin thing that they thought would do the the immobiliser but it hasn't!! The car has been in the garage for 4 weeks and its back to the way it was before (lights on dash, limp mode, turbo code) and garage said they do not know what else to do!!!!
I am in the UK and am hoping that someone can help me with this problem or is it a case of I have to take it to VW and have to pay a fortune???
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

applerallph
2021-11-26T19:53:51Z
..you can do IMMO OFF with hexprog online service if yu want to use the donor ecu (EDC17) no need of the pin thing that they thought would do immobiliser. What is the specific turbo code ?
Vwvix
  •  Vwvix
  • 52% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2021-11-26T20:05:06Z
I believe it is P2563 but they took the turbo off and sent it away and they sent it back saying there was nothing wrong with it!
I am just at my wits end with it all since the ECU first went caput earlier this year. Everything is pointing towards it being the ECU (because it was water damaged) but they havent been able to do this immobiliser!
Vwvix
  •  Vwvix
  • 52% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2021-11-26T21:15:02Z
I believe it is P2563 but they took the turbo off and sent it away and they sent it back saying there was nothing wrong with it!
I am just at my wits end with it all since the ECU first went caput earlier this year. Everything is pointing towards it being the ECU (because it was water damaged) but they havent been able to do this immobiliser!
jokir
2021-11-27T08:27:25Z
Attach dump eeprom and flash original and donor ECU.
Or dump the CCM if the original ECU is damaged.
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-11-28T05:58:53Z
Originally Posted by: Vwvix 

I am absolutely desperate and hope that someone can help!!!!!
I have a 2013 manual VW Passat with a faulty ECU (EDC17). In February this year the car just would not start and it turned out that the ECU was water damaged. Dried it out and put it back in the car and everything was fine for a few months Then about 5 months ago the engine management light and airbag light came on a stayed on then 2 months ago the coil light started flashing and car kept going into limp mode. When checked it said it was turbo...sent turbo off and they sent it back as it was ok. Garage got a second hand ECU unit with same codes except it was from an automatic. Cloned ECU but cannot get the immobiliser codes from old one to replacement one. They ordered a pin thing that they thought would do the the immobiliser but it hasn't!! The car has been in the garage for 4 weeks and its back to the way it was before (lights on dash, limp mode, turbo code) and garage said they do not know what else to do!!!!
I am in the UK and am hoping that someone can help me with this problem or is it a case of I have to take it to VW and have to pay a fortune???

you can upload file online from your account on www.hexprog.com  for immo off.