Pro Diagnostic Solutions
2017-06-02T09:34:52Z
Hi
Anyone had this fault after Mini R60 DME swap - 'PROTECTION AGAINST TAMPERING SWT: ENGINE-SPEED LIMITATION, STAGE 2'
I had this same fault sometime ago in a different Mini, but support were not able to resolve it for me, resulting in the customer buying a new DME from BMW which obviously fixed the original fault with the car.
I now have the same fault exhibiting its self in this Mini, is there any fix for this?

original DME 8625068
doner DME 8600124

there was no issue reading ISN, writing ISN or programming and coding this car?

Thanks
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Levanime
2017-06-03T05:07:04Z
Strange, they should be compatible,

https://www.etkbmw.com/b...control+unit+DME/8625068 

did u check power classes?
Pro Diagnostic Solutions
2017-06-03T05:20:13Z
Originally Posted by: Levanime 

Strange, they should be compatible,

https://www.etkbmw.com/b...control+unit+DME/8625068 

did u check power classes?

both DME's are from the same type of Mini, same model, same engine etc...i'm 100% sure this is an issue with autohex adapting this DME, as i've had the same fault before, but support were unable to resolve it.

what determines the power class of a dme...as this is from the same car with same engine...i ask because this info as it may help me to find the correct dme if indeed this current doner dme is the wrong power class

power class cannot be changed in DME after 10 operating hours????
Gbyleveldt
2017-06-04T15:39:58Z
I've had this before on an N20 ecu (not the exact fault code) but the gist was the same. Only way I got it sorted was doing a full clone of the ecu.
Pro Diagnostic Solutions
2017-06-04T16:35:52Z
I'm not sure if MEV1722 can be cloned???
Levanime
2017-06-04T22:12:47Z
yes, it can be cloned
Pro Diagnostic Solutions
2017-06-05T01:40:36Z

yes, it can be cloned

ktag?
Levanime
2017-06-05T04:17:49Z
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-06-06T14:01:40Z
How you are sure that the problem is from Autohex II?
Autohex could change the ISN , it could code it and flash it. this is it's job and it did it well.
Now, you should understand that there are thousands of options stored in DME EEPROM, not only ISN and coding. there are many options that cannot be changed by ordinary coding.
A solution for your case: clone the entire EEPROM.
BMWZG
  •  BMWZG
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2017-06-06T14:31:55Z
'PROTECTION AGAINST TAMPERING SWT: ENGINE-SPEED LIMITATION, STAGE 2' - that means You need reapir FSC code for this engine ( Sweeping Technologies ), without them engine will work but car will have speed limit.
Second solution is clone full Eeprom because FCS code is stored in Eeprom .
Tibibond
2017-06-07T05:21:24Z
is there no way autohex could add clone function to boot mode tool, or just the possibility to read/write entire ecu? now it can do boot mode so i can t see why this would not be possible. just as the cas replacement function?
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-06-07T05:43:42Z
you can swap complete eeprom from old DME/DDE to the donor ECU using ISN boot mode software .Its available in the advanced option in boot mode.
Pro Diagnostic Solutions
2017-06-08T08:33:56Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

How you are sure that the problem is from Autohex II?
Autohex could change the ISN , it could code it and flash it. this is it's job and it did it well.
Now, you should understand that there are thousands of options stored in DME EEPROM, not only ISN and coding. there are many options that cannot be changed by ordinary coding.
A solution for your case: clone the entire EEPROM.

Q.How you are sure that the problem is from Autohex II?

A.it has been confirmed that Autohex cannot copy the eeprom, so it could not be adapted properly. all other jobs worked well with autohex

cloned complete dme job done, due to time constraints i could not check power class etc, maybe next time.

many thanks to support for there help
Justin
  •  Justin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2017-06-08T11:13:58Z
Hi

What did you use to clone it in the end?
Pro Diagnostic Solutions
2017-06-08T12:59:12Z
Originally Posted by: Justin 

Hi

What did you use to clone it in the end?

KTAG

Levanime
2017-06-08T17:30:53Z
Originally Posted by: Pro Diagnostic Solutions 

A.it has been confirmed that Autohex cannot copy the eeprom, so it could not be adapted properly. all other jobs worked well with autohex

cloned complete dme job done, due to time constraints i could not check power class etc, maybe next time.

have you tried advanced mode in boot mode software?
i have copied full eeprom content several times on different dmes
Pro Diagnostic Solutions
2017-06-09T06:25:33Z

Originally Posted by: Pro Diagnostic Solutions 

have you tried advanced mode in boot mode software?
i have copied full eeprom content several times on different dmes

this DME not supported
i also wanted to add that in 'diagnostics' if you choose R60, you get 'unsupported model' but if you read it as R56 it will work
Skitszo1
2017-06-16T08:12:27Z
I,ve got very similar fault on a mini R56 2011 model, DME7620987 i was fitting a second hand Ecu with the same part number and software number.

, read ISN from ecu and changed it in Cas, done encoding and car starts and runs OK, but have fault code

3044 PROTECTION AGAINST TAMPERING SWT: ENGINE-SPEED LIMITATION, STAGE 1
 IMG_0820 mini fault.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content. IMG_0821 mini ecu.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Levanime
2017-06-16T22:18:32Z
as mentioned above, return your CAS ISN back and do full clone with KTAG
Tibibond
2017-06-22T05:05:40Z
since both mini r56 and mini r60 are equipped with cas3, would not be the easiest way to chance isn in cas? i ve done this in x6m e71 with cas3 and 6hp and car runs fine.

this is just an idea