cardiagcom
2017-11-11T07:29:47Z
Originally Posted by: Justin 

Hi

If I were you, I would try to practice on the bench first before you travel that distance.

I've tried 3 FEMS over the past 2 days and none of them will flash. Support have been very very helpful in trying to solve the issue, but it is still not resolved after doing everything they have asked me to do.

I also had an additional problem today when I tried to flash a DDE 626 and I kept getting error resulting in 'no program in flash'. I tried 6 times to program this DDE with the same problem.

The only way I solved it was to flash the DDE with WINKFP, which worked the first time perfectly.

Has anyone else had issues programming with HW4, or has anyone successfully managed to program keys, get the ISN or Flash a FEM, or unlock it?

I don't know if this is hardware or a software related fault, but I need a solution because I have 3 FEMS that I cannot work with and 3 very unhappy customers.

Let us know how you get on with your key programming if you do go.

Hi
When you get HW 4 from witch Dealer?? If you are from London We still waiting for delivery about one month?
Justin
  •  Justin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2017-11-11T10:50:56Z
The 3 FEMS still work, although sometimes they lose communication on the bench.
Justin
  •  Justin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2017-11-11T11:47:38Z
Gbyleveldt

did you reflash your FEM in the car or on the bench to make it accept the unlock?

I need to try to flash all of these FEMS connected to the car, apparently, this will solve the issue as they are not getting ignition on the bench according to support.

I will try again on Monday.
Gbyleveldt
2017-11-12T05:42:33Z
Hi Justin,

I flash FEM on the bench here, worked great. All of them for Auto cars though. I did have one FEM though, that came from a manual car, that didn't allow me to flash it. On this one it doesn't see elv, so can't switch on ignition. Let's see what workaround is possible for this one. I might just grab an elv from a car to switch FEM on my bench and see if that resolves the issue. Not sure if an E series elv emulator will work, maybe I can try that as well.

Unlocking FEM, realistically, can't be done while in the car anyway; it has to be done on bench. So we need to figure out a way to get past this.
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-11-12T15:21:11Z
Hi all,
We have uploaded a new minor update right now, the version is still 1.0.45. You will see the update button turns to orange when you start Autohex II.
We have made a little modification in FEM/BDC function to let users know if it is possible to be flashed on Bench or not.
We have also added few errors numbers:
8359: Low programming power
835A: Ignition is required (Terminal 15 must be ON)
835B: System voltage is low
These errors will help you to know exactly what is required to let the FEM/BDC flashable.
For Justin case: his problem is in Terminal 15 (now he will get error number 835A). He must arrange a flash update to ZGW and FEM_BODY before he can unlock the FEM, His FEMs were restored back as they were, they must be working fine.

Now, the new update BDC/FEM unlock function will check if it is programmable on bench or not in the first step. So you will not waste more time.
Cheers
bawareca1
2017-11-12T18:20:27Z
What about the connection diagram? This one good?

FEM_PINOUT.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
rbauto
2017-11-12T20:23:54Z
Originally Posted by: bawareca1 

What about the connection diagram? This one good?

FEM_PINOUT.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Connection is shown when you go to “on bench” and select fem.
Justin
  •  Justin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2017-11-12T21:10:16Z
Thanks Gbyleveldt and AutoHex

With situations like this, it's good to share information so that we can fix issues, which it looks like we have now benefitted from.

Ill flash all my FEMs on a car tomorrow and hopefully, we can get past this and move on.

Great stuff! 😀
bawareca1
2017-11-13T05:06:12Z
G series supported?
Gbyleveldt
2017-11-13T06:42:15Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

Hi all,

For Justin case: his problem is in Terminal 15 (now he will get error number 835A). He must arrange a flash update to ZGW and FEM_BODY before he can unlock the FEM, His FEMs were restored back as they were, they must be working fine.

Ok, so based on what I've found so far, this would be relevant for manual cars where there's an ELV. I tried using E Series ELV emulator but this doesn't work, although the wiring is exactly the same on ELV as for E series cars.

Problem is, what do we do in this case when all keys are lost? How do we update flash on FEM when there's no key to switch Terminal 15?
Carat11
2017-11-13T08:46:05Z
Ok, I try add key to fem, so first you must flash fem to new software, and next try unlock, when I don't flash, can't unlock, secound you must used key coil from F-series, when you used Exx work, but bad infromation read from key.
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-11-13T13:09:14Z
Originally Posted by: Gbyleveldt 

Hi all,

Ok, so based on what I've found so far, this would be relevant for manual cars where there's an ELV. I tried using E Series ELV emulator but this doesn't work, although the wiring is exactly the same on ELV as for E series cars.

Problem is, what do we do in this case when all keys are lost? How do we update flash on FEM when there's no key to switch Terminal 15?

we are trying to workout a solution for flashing it even without keys.

Autohex_II_BMW
2017-11-13T16:27:43Z

I hope this can help
Levanime
2017-11-13T17:24:06Z
Originally Posted by: Gbyleveldt 

Hi all,

would be good to first run tool32 script and then connect AH
AUTOHEX_BMW
2017-11-13T20:03:38Z
When change fem or bdc is necessary to change km, not just isn and vin. Autohex can do that?
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-11-14T05:42:14Z
mileage correction is under development will be ready in near future.
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-11-21T09:31:31Z
Justin case solved.
Now Justin has 2 unlocked FEM, we found the solution for the case FEM needs Ignition. To be released in version 1.0.46 in few days.
In the meantime, if you have an FEM/BDC needs ignition on, please contact us to help.
Justin
  •  Justin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2017-11-21T13:31:13Z
A BIG well done to the guys on support who have found a solution for manual cars that need ignition in order to unlock this type of FEM.
They worked tirelessly in order to support and fix my issue and now going forward, i'll have no hesitation with unlocking these FEMs in the future, as the process is safe and reliable.

Thanks guys, big thumbs up!!!!!!!
Levanime
2017-11-21T16:50:39Z
This sounds exciting!
micksautosltd
2017-11-25T15:32:33Z
Hi I am still waiting for my hw4 I ordered about a month ago from Pro Diagnostic Solutions.
and still waiting, is there a problem with availability on these new units.
thx mick