pearothehero
2018-10-12T11:21:45Z
Intermittent running issues with E87, 120D. Auto electrician condemned the ECU and sourced exact part number used ECU.
Bosch DDE 7 798 180
Have read ISNs from all modules.
Fitted donor ECU and have coded/programmed it.
Car would crank, but DDE:EWS Tampering active would remain in the ECU DTCs

Read posts on here about writing the donor ECU ISN to the CAS, have tried that but it won't allow me to sync the CAS/DDE on completion.

Now left with a car which wont run on either CAS ISN with either ECU

Can anyone advise how this procedure is supposed to happen please. I'm now wishing I had just paid to clone it using KTag but was told Autohex would solve.

Thanks

Ian
Ian Pearson Vehicle Locksmith
mrlocksmith@hotmail.co.uk
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Levanime
2018-10-12T19:38:45Z
try synching with other tool
double check ISNs
Autohex_II_BMW
2018-10-13T06:28:18Z
hi,
Make sure isn is matched perfectly,read dme isn and write to cas when software asks for unplugging and connecting battery negative cable you must click OK only after doing it.if it is long ISN(32 digit) no need to bother on dme-cas synch. DME- CAS alignment only for short ISN models(4 digit).
pearothehero
2018-10-18T09:42:41Z
I left the car there as a non runner (temporarily) and the guy reset using Launch.

The ISN on both ECUs was the shorter version and then only the last two bytes had data in them. I can't see how I could've swapped these wrong.

Is it worth refitting the donor, swapping the ISN data again and then trying to reset again using Launch?? I cannot afford leave this car as a non-runner
Ian
Ian Pearson Vehicle Locksmith
mrlocksmith@hotmail.co.uk
rsachip
2018-10-18T11:57:30Z
Same hapen to me whith edc17cp45 e71 I transfer ISN sucesfuly on bench using keyslot-cas-dde..I iven double check and read ISN again to see if its changed but when I send this to guy he cal me there is EWS-tampering and car none starting..I also didnt want to leave the car none runing and I go there to solve all by OBD..second time did work and car start
Autohex_II_BMW
2018-10-18T13:11:12Z
Originally Posted by: pearothehero 

I left the car there as a non runner (temporarily) and the guy reset using Launch.

The ISN on both ECUs was the shorter version and then only the last two bytes had data in them. I can't see how I could've swapped these wrong.

Is it worth refitting the donor, swapping the ISN data again and then trying to reset again using Launch?? I cannot afford leave this car as a non-runner

you can try to do DME-CAS synch from service functions under diagnose.