singh336
  •  singh336
  • 61.2% (Friendly)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2019-05-04T01:36:20Z
I have been using autohex for a while, great tool.

Anyways, I have to replace a bad MSV80 in an E70 X5 with N52.

I read the original DME isn and saved it to a file.

my replacement DME is an MSV80 index 3, same as original.

Assembly numbers were different though and i had to use expert mode to force program the replacement dme to match vin and assembly numbers to original dme.

However I noticed, I cannot write old ISN to new dme replacement.

My idea now is to read ISN from replacement DME, save this file and write the SK to the CAS module, is this the correct way to replace dme with autohex?

I have genuine Ktag which usually does my DME cloning but today it wasn't working as expected and I have ran out of time.

Thanks
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

rainbows528
2019-05-04T03:10:33Z
bro,
edit ISN SK in CAS.
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-05-04T08:31:59Z
Originally Posted by: singh336 

I have been using autohex for a while, great tool.

Anyways, I have to replace a bad MSV80 in an E70 X5 with N52.

I read the original DME isn and saved it to a file.

my replacement DME is an MSV80 index 3, same as original.

Assembly numbers were different though and i had to use expert mode to force program the replacement dme to match vin and assembly numbers to original dme.

However I noticed, I cannot write old ISN to new dme replacement.

My idea now is to read ISN from replacement DME, save this file and write the SK to the CAS module, is this the correct way to replace dme with autohex?

I have genuine Ktag which usually does my DME cloning but today it wasn't working as expected and I have ran out of time.

Thanks

hi for this case read isn from used dme and write to cas.
singh336
  •  singh336
  • 61.2% (Friendly)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2019-05-06T21:23:32Z
Hey guys, thanks for following up. I did try that after posting and I was able to write the new sk to cas and sync egs afterwards. worked great.

what a great tool !

today i am going to replace an MSD80 on an N54 E60, hopefully it works the same, if not I can clone via ktag.
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-05-07T05:59:55Z
Originally Posted by: singh336 

Hey guys, thanks for following up. I did try that after posting and I was able to write the new sk to cas and sync egs afterwards. worked great.

what a great tool !

today i am going to replace an MSD80 on an N54 E60, hopefully it works the same, if not I can clone via ktag.

yes sir all E series with 6HP egs the exact same steps read from used dme and write to cas.
only E70 and 71 from 2009+ got 8HP in E all others are 6HP.