Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2019-05-28T07:36:40Z
Hello!

I have here a Mini F56 with a MEVD 17.2.3 DME. The Mini has a manual gear and the DME was built in for a short time in a Mini with automatic gear system for a test (don't ask me why).

Now the DME is switched back to the origin car and the Mini will not start. There are faulst inside like missing information - reciever DME, sender EGS. These faults make no sense, there's no EGS and I don't know why the DME is no switched to automatic.

What I did? Reset the DME (working hours), flashed the DME to the latest state, no success. Where is here the issue or on which point I'm thinking wrong? And wtth a DME, which was built in for only 1 hour, can be switched to automatic gear system when the user promised me that he did nothing else (no coding/flashing or anything else)

CU Oliver
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
2019-06-12T15:17:20Z
Hello!

Back to this topic. Now I got new informations from the customer.

He swapped the DME from his car (with manual gear system) to the car with automatic gear system and programmed the DME with ISTA-P (!!!!).

As I wrote, the DME is swapped again, back to the origin car. Working hours is 0, VIN is correct, also ISN. But there are always errors in ISTA+ and the DME is searching the EGS (which make no sense in a car with a manual gear system).

What can I do? Eeprom?

CU Oliver
javorkrustev
2019-06-12T19:20:31Z
Just program and coding again
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-06-13T05:20:56Z
Originally Posted by: Milkyway 

Hello!

Back to this topic. Now I got new informations from the customer.

He swapped the DME from his car (with manual gear system) to the car with automatic gear system and programmed the DME with ISTA-P (!!!!).

As I wrote, the DME is swapped again, back to the origin car. Working hours is 0, VIN is correct, also ISN. But there are always errors in ISTA+ and the DME is searching the EGS (which make no sense in a car with a manual gear system).

What can I do? Eeprom?

CU Oliver

when swapped from manual to automatic just do the programming.but automatic to manual will not work on that case you need to clone the dme.
Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
2019-06-13T13:04:38Z
Hello!

We are talking from only one DME - no way to clone anything.

DMW was built out from a car with manual gear system, built in a car with automatic gear system. The user programmed it with ISTA-P (not ISTA+) to test it (whatever he tried to test with this thing) and swapped the DME back into the origin car with manual gear system.

Coding and programming result in the same error - missing informations from EGS - car will not start.

Have the eeprom.bin here, read out with autohex.

CU Oliver
BMWZG
  •  BMWZG
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2019-06-13T15:14:01Z
Originally Posted by: Milkyway 

Hello!

We are talking from only one DME - no way to clone anything.

DMW was built out from a car with manual gear system, built in a car with automatic gear system. The user programmed it with ISTA-P (not ISTA+) to test it (whatever he tried to test with this thing) and swapped the DME back into the origin car with manual gear system.

Coding and programming result in the same error - missing informations from EGS - car will not start.

Have the eeprom.bin here, read out with autohex.

CU Oliver

Why You don't read eeprom before flashing in that case ?
Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
2019-06-14T16:20:13Z
Hello!

Would be nice and a good idea, but I got the car with this issues after the customer flashed the DME with ISTA-P in the F56 with automatic gear system. So there was no chance for me to save any old eeprom.

CU Oliver
Levanime
2019-06-14T20:32:24Z
I can help you Oliver,
PM me on facebook
Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
2019-06-16T13:47:27Z
Hello!

You've got mail (PN on messenger). :)