mbenztech
2019-09-03T03:02:08Z
Hello. I am new to using this software so take it easy on me. I have a 2007 335i in the shop right now. Customer wants to upgrade from the current MSD80 to MSD81. How can I proceed to transfer information. Should I read original ISN and VIN from current MSD80 and then connect to new MSD81 through ISN BootMode on bench so that I can change ISN and VIN? He has a tune that he will need to upload to updated MSD81. I guess my question is, what would be the best way to make sure the VIN and ISN is changed properly. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

PDXAutoworks
2019-09-03T05:14:39Z
I may be wrong, but until the ecu cloning feature is released, you will not be able to transfer the tune from original dme to replacement. Other then that, proceed with retrieving isn and writing to repacement dme, then code replacement dme to transfer VIN. Also, injector calibration numbers must be transferred as well.
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
RocketSurgeon
2019-09-03T05:27:24Z
The tune is probably MHD, which is VIN locked based on the first UIF entry in the DME. I don't think that can be easily changed. Writing the VIN and ISN to the new DME would be the best way to do this. As far as the tune goes, MHD will generally refund the old license if he purchases one for the new VIN.
Cloning won't work since MSD80 and MSD81 run different ROM.
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-09-03T08:24:24Z
Originally Posted by: mbenztech 

Hello. I am new to using this software so take it easy on me. I have a 2007 335i in the shop right now. Customer wants to upgrade from the current MSD80 to MSD81. How can I proceed to transfer information. Should I read original ISN and VIN from current MSD80 and then connect to new MSD81 through ISN BootMode on bench so that I can change ISN and VIN? He has a tune that he will need to upload to updated MSD81. I guess my question is, what would be the best way to make sure the VIN and ISN is changed properly. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

you can read isn from MSD81 and write to cas of the car and then do indiv coding for dme to match VIN.but if you want to transfer the tuning you need to clone it or you can for as rcokersurgeon suggested.
bawareca1
2019-09-17T12:42:55Z
2007 may have an EWS3 CAS (2 byte ISN) and then you are in trouble.
RocketSurgeon
2019-09-17T21:19:38Z
Originally Posted by: bawareca1 

2007 may have an EWS3 CAS (2 byte ISN) and then you are in trouble.

How can this be solved if you have a very early build date like 08/2006? CAS might have 4 digit ISN, but MSD81 would have 32-digit ISN.
mbenztech
2019-09-18T01:44:12Z
It was resolved. Installed new MSD81 into car, read DME ISN through OBD2 and then entered ISN into CAS. Performed online software update and done! MHD knows about this DME upgrades so now they also check the VIN in CAS, if one of the VIN matches the license they are good to go.