Willisodhiambo
2019-11-22T06:06:07Z
Originally Posted by: benoos 

I know how to make key using CAS dflash and autohex, I made it many times, but I hoped new feature will do it without removing CAS, like it is with CAS 3+ in E series.

I have licence for online and with CAS 3+ I can make CAS firmware for key learning. Is CAS 4 another story? Can`t do it like CAS 3+ by OBD?!

Are you sure? You cant make CAS3+ key by OBD. Cas must be removed or atleast you must connect to cas pins directly in factory mode. Is there a tool that makes cas3+ 100% by obd? I have tried it and it fails. In all cases I have had to connect cas pins to AH to make key. Good thing is we need not read cas dump.

But again I may be wrong. Would be nice to know cas3+ can be done 100% obd.
Levanime
2019-11-23T00:44:14Z
Originally Posted by: Willisodhiambo 

I know how to make key using CAS dflash and autohex, I made it many times, but I hoped new feature will do it without removing CAS, like it is with CAS 3+ in E series.

I have licence for online and with CAS 3+ I can make CAS firmware for key learning. Is CAS 4 another story? Can`t do it like CAS 3+ by OBD?!

Are you sure? You cant make CAS3+ key by OBD. Cas must be removed or atleast you must connect to cas pins directly in factory mode. Is there a tool that makes cas3+ 100% by obd? I have tried it and it fails. In all cases I have had to connect cas pins to AH to make key. Good thing is we need not read cas dump.

Ive done many CAS3+ thru obd
it had failed only once or twice

good method is, before u downgrade it, update it from indiv progamming, usually to ZB that ends with 116
then downgrade, this method never fails.
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-11-23T07:39:36Z

In case if cas3+ additional keys can be done pure OBD but when it comes to all key lost you need to get DME ISN for programming keys.For continent DME's like MSV80,MSD80 etc.need power to read ISN from it so either you can read it on bench using autohex without opening(note that its very easy to take our this DME from car) or you can connect any CAS with key to car make ignition ON and read DME ISN(make sure you are using a CAS with lower mileage than Car).
If the car is loaded with Bosch ECU in most cases ISN will work OBD even when no ignition so we always recommend you to try to read ISN OBD from ISN manager option 1 and only if it ends up with error like warning message need ignition or all value as zeros for ISN you need to read it ON bench.
Willisodhiambo
2019-11-25T17:45:04Z
Originally Posted by: Levanime 

good method is, before u downgrade it, update it from indiv progamming, usually to ZB that ends with 116

You see!! There is always something we dont know!! Thanks for the tip. Ill try it.
Willisodhiambo
2019-11-25T17:47:58Z

You see!! There is always something we dont know!! Thanks for the tip. Ill try it.

It does not work. Just downgraded a cas now and it says the obd function on Encrypted CAS is not applicable. Please select another function!!. I must be crazy i guess!!
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-11-26T08:09:12Z

It does not work. Just downgraded a cas now and it says the obd function on Encrypted CAS is not applicable. Please select another function!!. I must be crazy i guess!!

can you please attach the photo of error you get?