Andrzej
  •  Andrzej
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2019-09-04T08:56:09Z
Are you working on the possibility of programming keys in the cas4 / 4 + module through the obd2 port. bmwex ..... r has had these functions for two months. same reading by obd2 isn B38C, B48C,
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

bratick
2019-09-04T16:48:48Z
What tool can do that?
vahid-miralizadeh
2019-09-04T20:41:03Z
VVDI 2 Can do that in new update
RocketSurgeon
2019-09-04T20:54:05Z
There has been some bricking with VVDI2 CAS4+ via OBD. I've been very happy doing everything via BDM and Hexprog.
Mol chaves
2019-09-05T00:58:15Z
I pulled up key info on an E90 2006 cas2 with vvdi2... Engine won't start anymore... If it bicked cas2... How about cas4+??? Hextag is most safe and reliable on market. No doubt about it.
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-09-05T05:48:35Z
Originally Posted by: Andrzej 

Are you working on the possibility of programming keys in the cas4 / 4 + module through the obd2 port. bmwex ..... r has had these functions for two months. same reading by obd2 isn B38C, B48C,

we will look into the feature once we are done with cloning function in hextag.we want to make sure the functions is 100% safe and will try to add that to next autohex update along with MGD1 ECU.
useyourbrains
2019-09-05T07:23:27Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

we will look into the feature once we are done with cloning function in hextag.we want to make sure the functions is 100% safe and will try to add that to next autohex update along with MGD1 ECU.

For me personaly, better MGD1 ISN than ecu cloning function. Why hextag dont have CAS 2/3/3+/4/4+ key making by dump yet? Now I need use another device to make key, when read CAS dump with hextag. Making key by dump usualy faster and safer way than obd to do it, but need another device.
Andrzej
  •  Andrzej
  • 100% (Exalted)
2019-09-05T07:32:24Z
vvdi is a clone. I mean bmwexplorer. it is a tool that always has all the solutions first. this is my complement to AH4. is less stable but has features that AH4 has forgotten: the Aif edition in cas1-3.
Mol chaves
2019-09-05T13:56:33Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

I agree with you guys ... don´t lose your focus. keep improving what it´s going to increase our jobs. cas4 by obd is not so important now. hextag can take care of cas4 already.
Andrzej
  •  Andrzej
  • 100% (Exalted)
2019-09-05T14:38:03Z
hextag is read-only xep100. cannot make key from dump. it's probably about simplifying the job. if you prefer to play with a soldering iron than just do something by doing your business. I wrote about ah4. And he can not make a key through obd in cas4. Only through dump. And there is more to do something through obd. microtronik focused on the hextag and I understand it. because it incurred the costs associated with the production. that's why I promote it. but ah4 should be developed the same. microtronik has good tools. others complement them.
Mol chaves
2019-09-05T20:46:32Z
Ok obd Tool guy... I got it. I still agree with the developers thoughts.
e46M3dave
2019-09-10T21:15:39Z

vvdi is a clone. I mean bmwexplorer. it is a tool that always has all the solutions first. this is my complement to AH4. is less stable but has features that AH4 has forgotten: the Aif edition in cas1-3.

Yes, Explorer Boys do have their stuff together, but AutoHex much cleaner to work with and support is top. Explorer support is a mess!
Andrzej
  •  Andrzej
  • 100% (Exalted)
2019-09-11T07:01:56Z
I'm not saying that explorer is better. but has features that should appear in AH4 (software downgrade to the first level in F / G series, programming cas4 / 4 + via obdII, write calibration F and G series, reading ISN (SK) DME83T1, DME84T1 (MDG1) B38C, B48C via OBDII, AIF / UIF modification in the E series. Then AH4 will be the most powerful tool
e46M3dave
2019-09-11T19:24:37Z

I'm not saying that explorer is better. but has features that should appear in AH4 (software downgrade to the first level in F / G series, programming cas4 / 4 + via obdII, write calibration F and G series, reading ISN (SK) DME83T1, DME84T1 (MDG1) B38C, B48C via OBDII, AIF / UIF modification in the E series. Then AH4 will be the most powerful tool

Trust me I am with you here. I have asked long time back to do all explorer does and support the older E cars, along with MILEAGE reset for all modules. yes, the tool would destroy the others. But my guess is costs to develop and demand for the features. That might be the only hold up.

I have explorer and their support is nothing close to AutoHex.
Daveslock
2019-11-12T18:31:41Z
ok ... Any update on this ?Has any locksmith tried programming CAS4 through OBD with success yet since the last software update / 1.0.57 ?

Kind of strange there was this big update but no one is reporting any success or failure . There is no video on it no verifiable documentation .. nothing
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-11-13T06:21:59Z
Originally Posted by: Daveslock 

ok ... Any update on this ?Has any locksmith tried programming CAS4 through OBD with success yet since the last software update / 1.0.57 ?

Kind of strange there was this big update but no one is reporting any success or failure . There is no video on it no verifiable documentation .. nothing

yes many people has already unlocked it sir you can test it yourself .Go to CAS firmware option OBD and unlock CAS using DME ISN the procedure is similar to FEM unlock.once unlocking is complete you will get a secret file which you can use for key programming,ISN change,VIN change etc.we will try to publish a video soon.
benoos
2019-11-18T12:54:31Z
I made a try with F01 2008 (I-level 15-11-502) to unlock CAS4 by OBD and program said: "CAS need to be updated".
What I-level should I use to make it working?
It always has to be on newest soft to use this funktion ?
or for example "min. 2017"?

I haven`t got programming feature in autohex
Andrzej
  •  Andrzej
  • 100% (Exalted)
2019-11-18T13:44:52Z
you must unlock the cas. if you don't have online programming you won't do anything. And level has nothing to do with it.if you have dflasch memory dump with cas you can program the key. you don't need to unlock cas by obd.regards
benoos
2019-11-20T08:28:22Z
I know how to make key using CAS dflash and autohex, I made it many times, but I hoped new feature will do it without removing CAS, like it is with CAS 3+ in E series.

I have licence for online and with CAS 3+ I can make CAS firmware for key learning. Is CAS 4 another story? Can`t do it like CAS 3+ by OBD?!
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-11-20T11:33:16Z
Originally Posted by: benoos 

I know how to make key using CAS dflash and autohex, I made it many times, but I hoped new feature will do it without removing CAS, like it is with CAS 3+ in E series.

I have licence for online and with CAS 3+ I can make CAS firmware for key learning. Is CAS 4 another story? Can`t do it like CAS 3+ by OBD?!

please check the active thread discussing same topic.
https://www.microtronik....CAS-4-PINOUT-FOR-AUTOHEX