Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2019-09-27T20:07:23Z
Hello!

I have a problem with a MEVD17.2.G from a F80. Car has manual gear system, the old DME is completely broken. The used DME I have here is from a F80 with DKG and due to this the car will not start. You cannot flash the DME back to manual gear. It seems that this is a one way ticket. I need a D-Flash from a MEVD17.2.G with manual gear and then I can change the ISN and VIN and the car will start. Does anyone has one? Thx in advance.

CU Oliver
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

AUTOHEX_BMW
2019-09-28T05:16:43Z
Originally Posted by: Milkyway 

Hello!

I have a problem with a MEVD17.2.G from a F80. Car has manual gear system, the old DME is completely broken. The used DME I have here is from a F80 with DKG and due to this the car will not start. You cannot flash the DME back to manual gear. It seems that this is a one way ticket. I need a D-Flash from a MEVD17.2.G with manual gear and then I can change the ISN and VIN and the car will start. Does anyone has one? Thx in advance.

CU Oliver

If ecu is compatible, must working. Do coding and programing with AH
Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
2019-09-30T05:46:31Z
Hello!

Unfortunately not.

First example, Mini MEVD17.2.3
Car has manual gear, DME is from a car with automatic gear system (8HP). You can flash the DME up and down, to the left or to the right, whatever you like, the car will not start and ISTA shows the error "no message from EGS - sender EGS, reciever DME". Problem was solved after I got a D-flash from a DME with manual transmission.

Now the MEVD1.2.G
Also the same. Car is a 335i with manual gear, got a new engine from a M3, donor DME came from a car with DKG. No way to start the car, always errors due to the missing EGS - also after flashing and coding the DME (with autohex and E-Sys). I loaded the D-Flash from the 335i into the M3 DME (both engines are using the same DME version - MEVD17.2.G) and the car started but not with full power (Variantenüberwachung). If you load the D-Flash from the M3 with DKG - nothing, car will not start. ISN and so on is correct, it's only a question of the transmission.

It looks like a one-way ticket. You can switch the DME from manual to automaric gear and it will work but not back to manual.

CU Oliver
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-09-30T08:38:51Z
Originally Posted by: Milkyway 

Hello!

Unfortunately not.

First example, Mini MEVD17.2.3
Car has manual gear, DME is from a car with automatic gear system (8HP). You can flash the DME up and down, to the left or to the right, whatever you like, the car will not start and ISTA shows the error "no message from EGS - sender EGS, reciever DME". Problem was solved after I got a D-flash from a DME with manual transmission.

Now the MEVD1.2.G
Also the same. Car is a 335i with manual gear, got a new engine from a M3, donor DME came from a car with DKG. No way to start the car, always errors due to the missing EGS - also after flashing and coding the DME (with autohex and E-Sys). I loaded the D-Flash from the 335i into the M3 DME (both engines are using the same DME version - MEVD17.2.G) and the car started but not with full power (Variantenüberwachung). If you load the D-Flash from the M3 with DKG - nothing, car will not start. ISN and so on is correct, it's only a question of the transmission.

It looks like a one-way ticket. You can switch the DME from manual to automaric gear and it will work but not back to manual.

CU Oliver

yes automatic dme on manual car you need to clone it or will give egs fault in dme.But manual dme on automatic cars when you program in autohex it must work.
Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
2019-10-01T06:38:09Z
Hello!

And that's the reason why I asked for a D-Flash from a M3 DME with manual gear system. I have only here a N55 DME and not a M3 DME so I cannot clone it. With the N55 D-Flash I get an error with "Variantenüberwachung". Software on DME is not the correct one that the FEM will have.

Or is it possible to switch the existing eeprom from the DME with DKG to an eeprom for manuel gear system? Would also help.

CU Oliver